Views: 1358|Replies: 16

US peasants will pay the price [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-2 13:39:03 |Display all floors
China imposes just $3 billion in tariffs compared to the US tariffs of $60 billion and a
threat to impose tariffs on another $50 billion on imported Chinese goods.
This is just the tip of the iceberg if the US continues.
Trump may not know it but he is hastening China's shift to an autonomous economy
of Chinese consumerism.
It's proably best if we don't tell him. His ego wouldn't allow him to admit to such a thing anyway.
The peasants of the USA will soon find out on their own that they are the only ones paying the price
for a trade war.

--------------------
China imposes additional tariffs in response to U.S. duties on steel, aluminum

BEIJING (Reuters) - China has slapped extra tariffs of up to 25 percent on 128 U.S. products including frozen pork, as well as on wine and certain fruits and nuts, in response to U.S. duties on imports of aluminum and steel, China's finance ministry said.

The tariffs, to take effect on Monday, were announced late on Sunday and match a list of potential tariffs on up to $3 billion in U.S. goods published by China on March 23.

China's Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) said it was suspending its obligations to the World Trade Organization (WTO) to reduce tariffs on 120 U.S. goods, including fruit. The tariffs on those products will be raised by an extra 15 percent.

Eight other products, including pork, will now be subject to additional tariffs of 25 percent, it said, with the measures effective from April 2.

"China's suspension of its tariff concessions is a legitimate action adopted under WTO rules to safeguard China's interests," the Chinese finance ministry said.

China has imposed the additional tariffs amid escalating trade tensions between Beijing and Washington, sparking fears of a full-blown trade spat between the world's two biggest economies.

U.S. President Donald Trump is preparing to impose tariffs of more than $50 billion on Chinese goods intended to punish Beijing over U.S. accusations that China systematically misappropriated American intellectual property - allegations Beijing denies.

China has repeatedly promised to open its economy further, but many foreign companies continue to complain of unfair treatment. China warned the United States on Thursday not to open a Pandora's Box and spark a flurry of protectionist practices across the globe.
--------------------
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-2 14:50:04 |Display all floors
A few days ago, a report in English reads- American farmers who are interviewed say it is them who take it on the chin.
There're a couple ancient Chinese verses I would translate.

Thriving, the people are in pain.
Warring, the innocent are slain.

I don't gloat over the innocent peoples who are suffering no matter which countries they are from. I am not the cheerleader for wars but peace.

American people, farmers should go to the street to protest as what they did in 1960s for anti-Vietnam war, and demand peace via commericial negotiations.  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-2 14:55:25 |Display all floors
I don't think CHina wants to hit U.S. America's "peasants". This makes no sense. As a nominally "communist" dictatorship, the Chinese government beholden to Marxist ideology, must want to punish Big Business and wish to protect "peasants and workers". The Ruling Few want to punish the FARMERS and Big Agribusiness. I hope they succeed in downsizing MONSANTO...

I guess your use of the word "peasants" was a slip of the tongue. Or perhaps it was something worse, but it certainly failed to convey a sense of sobriety on your part.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-2 14:58:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-1 22:55
I don't think CHina wants to hit U.S. America's "peasants". This makes no sense. As a nominally "com ...

You know nothing of the USA little monkey. Over 80% of the US population is made up of peasants.
It is the USA that started this recent trade war.
Are you saying China shouldn't have the right to retaliate?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-2 15:02:38 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-2 14:58
You know nothing of the USA little monkey. Over 80% of the US population is made up of peasants.
I ...

Bobby, First of April Fools' Day was YESTERDAY. Your posts no longer are practical jokes. They display your stark silliness in the sun's merciless glare.

Come to think of it: Your silliness isn't a matter of ; it is a matter of !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-2 15:07:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-2 15:02
Bobby, First of April Fools' Day was YESTERDAY. Your posts no longer are practical jokes. They d ...

You have quite a swing of mood. The minute you are wreathed in laugh, and the next minute you are winced with tears. What's wrong with you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-2 15:13:55 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-2 15:07
You have quite a swing of mood. The minute you are wreathed in laugh, and the next minute you are  ...

Booby's lapdog yelped again... Kookoo, do you want a Kibble?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.