Author: ceciliazhang

Should looted relics be put up for auction?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-29 11:41:09 |Display all floors
In Asia, they were colonizing, looting.

In Africa, Anglos traffick humans, and shipped hem to America, enslaving them, raping them, exploiting them, segregating them, killing them.

In America, Anglos conducted genocides to native Indian, First Nation, occupied their lands, scalped them.

In Oceania, Anglos stole the aboriginal children for decades. This appalling crime is known to the world as "the Stolen Generations"

They mouth God, yet commit the crimes as the devils would do.

They claim "Men" are created equal, however I can assure everyone that  "men" in Anglo dictionary refers to Anglo men only, but not women, but not the black, but no the Asians, or any other races.

American white women didn't have the suffrage right until 1920 after the foundation of the USA. American women wer not allowed to go to Ivy League until 1960s. Traditionally American women are the attachments to the males, so Hillary becomes Hillary Clinton.

The words- negro, red, and yellow all become racial taboos, except "white". Why? Because of their colonist, racist, barbarian cultures. For example, Australia implement "White Australia" policy for decades.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 09:41:40 |Display all floors
Several relics have been bought by Chinese and then give back to China ..
I truly hope that one day those relics could return to China without money ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 10:25:34 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2018-3-30 09:41
Several relics have been bought by Chinese and then give back to China ..
I truly hope that one day ...

Unfortunately many of the masterpieces in the museums around the world were stolen. I hope all these precious objects will be returned, but I doubt it will happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 10:32:10 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2018-3-29 10:31
I can't understand why a country which owns a relic stolen from it should have to pay ruinous sums t ...

The auction should be considered illegal if the relic was looted. Are there any regulations that guarantee the stolen cultural relics should return them to their legal owners?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 11:29:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by kevinruud at 2018-3-30 11:40

If the country of origin were able to keep the treasures, how could they have been taken away? Treasures belong to those who are able to take care of them.

If you return the good things to the poor guys in Africa or the rural areas of a poor country, people there either destory them with their inability or sell them for a good price to whoever wants them.
Take a look at the decade-long cult ural re---vo---lu---tion and you know it is advisable the good things were in the hands of capitalists in the UK. Otherwise we do not even know there is such a thing ever existing in the world at all.

To a jobless or a low-paid person, a Bentley or a Mercedes would not help him improve his value, only speed up his destruction. Everybody should know his position and should not voice something unrealistic and impractical.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 11:55:36 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2018-3-29 10:31
I can't understand why a country which owns a relic stolen from it should have to pay ruinous sums t ...

As you pointed,  "Maybe the thieving country has no culture in the first place".

That's where the problem is

There isn't a single Nation with a rich culture roaming the world stealing stealing  foreign relics...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-30 13:16:44 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2018-3-30 11:29
If the country of origin were able to keep the treasures, how could they have been taken away? Treas ...

Is that so!!!

Did you know that causeways linking all Mayan cities and this around A.D. 250 to 900...

As many as 10 to 15million people lived in this sophisticated Mayan civilization.  Around the same time,  England probably had a population of about 2 million...

Laser technology has uncovered about 60,000 homes, palaces, tombs and even highways in the humid lowlands.

The findings suggested an ancient society of such density and interconnectedness that even the most experienced archaeologists were surprised.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.