Author: tenderloin

US gives China to-do blackmail list; buy more US cars and semiconductor!! [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-1 17:42:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-1 01:38
I stand by what I wrote previously. Poor Booby unable to add a missing letter in his mind.

You stand by ""Yeah, I ust read that Geely has been around since Tang emperor Taizong had one.""

I thought I told you that your "Extravaganza of Ignorance" award for 2018 is in the bag.
Also the "Spectacle of Stupidity" award for that matter.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-1 17:58:12 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-1 17:42
You stand by ""Yeah, I ust read that Geely has been around since Tang emperor Taizong had one.""

Your name is "Goofy" and you can never take your mind out of your Disneyland kindergarten reality.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-4-1 20:33:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2018-4-1 20:35
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-27 10:50
Take the cannoli, leave the gun.

China decided against the US made cars though. Smart move. ...

I have yet to see a well designed, well built US car. Most of them are still relying on 1940s level suspension and the plastics used feel cheap and tacky to say the least. There are some fairly decent larger engines but most of the smaller vastly more powerful per cubic cm jobs come from Ford UK who supply nearly half of the engines for Ford US.

Nothing good can be said about Jeep, especially on the reliability side of things.  I have seen a 1 month old Jeep Wrangler deposit half of it's drive chain (both differentials and the hubs destroyed themselves) on a minor piece of off-road work here in Western Australia.  I won't even bother to give my view on Dodge, as it's missing the suffix y to describe it to perfection.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-1 21:28:09 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-4-1 04:33
I have yet to see a well designed, well built US car. Most of them are still relying on 1940s level ...

I always liked Toyota because they are reasonably priced and damned reliable.
As the Peter Sellers character in the movie Dr. Strangelove said:

"Ah, oh, no... well, I don't think they wanted me to talk really. I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras. "

Well, I have to hand it to them, they make some pretty good cars too.
The best car I ever drove was a little 1996 Honda Civic I bought for one of my daughters.
You could do 70 (113 km/hr) down a freeway and let go of the steering wheel and it would
track as if you were steering it. Smooth ride and carefree. The thing about a Honda or a Toyota
is the timing belt. They both are ready to be replaced at about 100k miles. If a Toyota timing
belt breaks you're OK, just dead in the water. If a Honda timing belt breaks you're likely the
shell the engine.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-2 09:29:34 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-1 21:28
As the Peter Sellers ...

I the must agree with you, one of my Japanese cars I had in my life was a Honda Civic early 2000 and it was my best ride ever.  For the price of the Japanese cars no one can beat them, for more expensive cars, I would say then you must go for a German car.  
Human lives mean little when those in high places see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-2 17:08:39 |Display all floors
That ultimatums seems like blackmail and China should not gave in to kind of demands.

What about those countries that has no trade deficits with US, are they be able to have a free rein in US markets.

The worst part is even the WTO has no say but to obey US instructions.  

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-4-3 02:06:51 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-1 21:28
As the Peter Sellers ...

I owned a couple of Toyota's in the 80s (Corona and a Corolla plus a Land Cruiser).  While the cars were reasonably priced and very reliable they were soulless and there was little variation from car to car while is impressive for vehicles made in enormous numbers.  I far preferred my old Datsun 260z though as it was a drivers car.  

In the last 30 years I've owned a fair number of cars including Land Rovers (my personal favourite vehicles), a couple of Jaguars, a Lotus, 2 Mercedes S class, a couple of Alfa Romeos a BWM 7 series and an Audi, a couple of VW's, a Lamborghini Murciélago and a DeTomaso (Pantera) plus a few other cars.  I destroyed a Jeep in a week out in the outback on the Canning stock track when the suspension literally fell off the Wrangler along with the bloody wheels, another one was left smouldering on the Gun-barrel highway by a member of the group doing that trek when the entire drive line decided to commit harakiri in the middle of nowhere.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.