Author: ceciliazhang

Why does China need a new body to address veteran issues?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-22 17:39:36 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-4-22 01:34
I choose to ignore? How about answering the question: how many have been murdered do in the name o ...

Negligible compared to those murdered in the name of western imperialism.
Might I ask you how many were murdered in the name of western imperialism as long as we're
asking questions meant to deflect from the heart of the matter.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 18:57:24 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 16:10
Of course you just defended the genocide against communism in Vietnam by the US just moments earli ...
you just defended the genocide against communism

I wrote "USA had no moral obligation to kill innocent civilians", which should be plenty to illustrate that I do not support or defend killing of innocent civilians. Not then, and not now.

As for genocide against communism, in international legal or even paralegal dictionary there is no such thing as genocide against an ideology.

If there was, I would (and did in my earlier comment) defend USA doing THAT in regard of Vietnam War - because communism, for reasons that I mentioned in earlier posts, in that time and place came with kind of constraining mechanisms that I do strongly oppose. It is those mechanisms that made communism during Cold War an ideology not worth pursuing, no matter how beautiful the ideology itself in the core would have been. It caused suffering to people in various countries, most importantly Soviet Union and China.

That is an opinion, which you would perhaps value more if you had lived and experienced even the last few years of those times in said countries, instead of hiding in Callifornia (like I think you did).

Furthermore, if we are to discuss such thing as "genocide of ideologies", then certainly such has taken, and continues to take, place in China more than anywhere else. Even DPRK I would rate higher in that context - they don't even make attempt to rule by single ideology and restricting all others. They have a clear person cult to follow instead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 19:15:32 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 16:10
Of course you just defended the genocide against communism in Vietnam by the US just moments earli ...
So you think feudalism, or its new incarnation as capitalism, is natural for human nature.

Natural for human beings, and life in general, is to survive and prosper better than your peers. Even in microscopic world the bacteria and viruses fight and eat each other and try to gain more ground for themselves. So do most animals in our planet, and humans too.

That is human nature. I'm not saying that it is good, but it is there.

Capitalism tries to take advantage of this greedy nature, while communism tries to act as if it wasn't there. Doing that, it has to go against human nature.

That's why communism in Soviet Union failed - people didn't have sufficient ways to exercise their greedy nature, which caused massive corruption and dysfunctional economy, and ultimately the state failed completely.

China has survived not because it was a communist country, but because under Deng's rule it started reforms that gradually have allowed capitalism to be exercised to certain level. This is a fine line between a succesful and failed state. Modern China is enjoying fruits of those reforms, not much from preceding decades - except perhaps the population size.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 19:46:59 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-4-22 16:04
Incorrect. I don't consider communism to be evil.

It is only that communism goes against human na ...

China don't invaded into other country and bomb civilians.

You should talk to POTUS where WMDs are in Iraq.  150,000 to 460,000 of Iraqi civilians died out of the Iraqi war launched by so-called democratic nations the US, the UK, Australian.
When it comes to democracy, Australian government stole thousands of children from the aloriginals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 20:03:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-4-22 20:26

Stupid comments just got my goat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-23 02:29:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-23 02:32:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.