Author: ceciliazhang

Why does China need a new body to address veteran issues?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-22 15:38:09 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-4-21 21:33
In Vietnam War, USA was fightning against spread of communism. Fact at that time was, that there w ...

So you're a proponent of genocide to support the oligarchies of the west. No surprise there.
I see you have also been successfully indoctrinated in western schools to think that communism is evil.
Then you end your post with some more mindless speculation about what Russia would do.
It's obvious you don't know very much at all about the last 100 years of Vietnam history or
the true reason the US decided to visit genocide upon southeast Asia after France was being
chased out of its colony.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 15:53:53 |Display all floors
On the subject of respecting veterans, most of them are regular foot solders or equivalent, with little take or even comprehension of politics behind the orders they are expected to follow.

This is especially true in soldiers going to fight far outside their own borders, where they have no immediate self-interest or survival in mind.

It was more so in the past, when there was no internet or mobile networks to spread information more widely, and it continues to be so in countries where access to such political background information is restricted.

Still, rules apply to warfare, some of which even USA has signed to. Soldiers, however ignorant of those laws, are criminally liable for breaking those laws. In developed countries (for example USA) such soldiers are usually removed from service, and I'm uncertain whether such persons are even allowed to hold veteran status afterwards.

Same applies for Nazi Germany - ordinary troops carrying out regular combat missions were not punished in post-war processing of war crimes. Those serving as guards at concetration camps or otherwise being involved in war crimes on the other hand were (and continue to be).

But beyond direct war crimes, in my opinion it is wrong to hold the entire low level military staff of any country accountable for carrying out orders that some politicians have given. This applies just as well to US soldiers' participation in action in Middle-East, as it does to Chinese soldiers' participation in action in middle of Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 16:04:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2018-4-22 16:05
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 15:38
So you're a proponent of genocide to support the oligarchies of the west. No surprise there.
I see ...
to think that commmnism is evil.

Incorrect. I don't consider communism to be evil.

It is only that communism goes against human nature, and to implement it therefore needs the kind of authoritarian mechanisms (that were practised in Soviet Union and China) that I don't agree with.

Oversimplifying communism to include only those negative external container aspects is what gave communism a bad name in the west - and with China continues to do that.

If China had more liberal civil society, perhaps the western masses wouldn't have anything against Chinese communism itself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 16:10:45 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-4-22 00:04
Incorrect. I don't consider communism to be evil.

It is only that comunism goes against human n ...

Of course you just defended the genocide against communism in Vietnam by the US just moments earlier.

So you think feudalism, or its new incarnation as capitalism, is natural for human nature.
In other words you think slavery and wage slavery are just fine and that only a very few
should enjoy the fruits of all that labor provided by the slaves of feudalism.

The result of capitalism in the US is that 3 of the richest people in the US have as much wealth
as the lower 160,000,000 people in the US. And you think that is natural for human beings?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 17:27:34 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 16:10
Of course you just defended the genocide against communism in Vietnam by the US just moments earli ...

You always appear more than willing to ignore the people murdered in the name of communism. How many were murdered, in war and out?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 17:30:35 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-4-22 01:27
You always appear more than willing to ignore the people murdered in the name of communism. How ma ...

People are murder in every country, everyday of the year.
You choose to ignore 500 years of worldwide genocide for profit by the west.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 17:34:48 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 17:30
People are murder in every country, everyday of the year.
You choose to ignore 500 years of worldw ...

I choose to ignore? How about answering the question: how many have been murdered do in the name of communism?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.