Views: 33403|Replies: 5

China's cloak no joke [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-15 18:01:28 |Display all floors
------------------------------------
China claims it’s invented invisible ‘super material’
By Erica Doyle Higgins, The Sun, March 14, 2018

China has claimed it has created a mysterious “super material” that can make anything invisible — and it could make the country unstoppable in war.

A documentary that aired on the China Central Television station claimed the world’s first “super material” production line had been built in the State Key Laboratory of Metamaterial Electromagnet Modulation Technology based at the Guangqi Advanced Institute of Technology in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China.

The lab has been producing “super materials” or “metamaterials,” such as anti-burning and anti-icing invisibility materials.

The state-run lab has the ability to mass produce the materials, as it has a capacity to produce 1 million square feet of metamaterial annually.

Metamaterials are artificial composites of materials not usually found in nature and are created from assemblies of multiple elements, such as metals or plastics.

The materials are finely engineered surfaces that have the characteristics of being foldable, small, lightweight and compact.

In the “metamaterial cloaking” process, the path taken by infrared radiation — visible light — through the material is manipulated, shielding it from view by controlling electromagnetic radiation, creating invisibility cloaks.

The exact functions of the materials have not yet been disclosed.

But Sina — a Chinese news platform — reported that the assembly line is directly related to the military and the materials are likely to be used to camouflage J-20 fighter jets.
-----------------------------------

Where's the general?
He's in the cloakroom.
I was just in there and didn't see him.
Why do you think they call it the cloakroom?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-16 02:30:43 |Display all floors
Cloaking is nothing new, Rob.
Although the (west) had not notorized or advertised many of these joint Chinese-US ventures as they would, proudly, the findings/achievements of Galileo, of Newton, of Einstein. of Verner Vahan Brahn, and, of course of Hawkings, in 2010 thereabouts, they did however mentioned (briefly) that universities in the US, China, and Australia are engaged in joint researchs with each other in the field CLOAKING, TELEPORTATION, BLACK MATTERS, NUCLEAR FISSION, QUANTUM PHYSICS, even the reproducing of the actual workings of a BLACK HOLE  in a laboratory environment.

Anyway, here's my take on the cloaking matter:

If we've made huge advancements in any of the above mentioned fields, then, you can bet the US is also equally well advanced in all of these fields as well because technology was transfered between all three in tgese areas.  
Not only are we into the above sciences, we had also been noted for being involved in the field of hypersonic technology and that alone goes back as far as 2004. The US and India were also mentioned as being involved in this field at the time but, while the US proven itself in the field of specialty, nothing has ever become of India's claim to the science.

Coming to Russia's Mother of All Mach-20 HGV:

As fancy as Vladimir portrayed this Mother of nukes, the speculation I have is that it's no more but a bluff Russia played on the US much as how Ronald Reagan had played Gorbachev for a fool with his Srar Wars bluff which later was declassified as Reagan's horse crap.

My take on the Mach 20 matter: Even at Mach 10, which is what's China had claimed, it simply defies logics to me the possiblity these vehicles are able to MANOEUVER and ZIG ZAG at the speeds (above Mach-5) without disintegrating like a flywheel spinning at more than the RPM recommended.

To Russia's nuclear powered LACM Putin was talking about:

Way back, again in 2004, the FEAR published by publishers in the west was that, aside from ABM's, ASATS, and Lasers, China was "speculatively of course" in advance stages of nuclear powered vehicles for deep space travel therefore nuclear powered missiles are not new to the universe. Question here is: is it economically necessary to power these [one time use] missiles with costly nuke engines? I don't think so.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-16 11:49:20 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2018-3-15 10:30
Cloaking is nothing new, Rob.
Although the (west) had not notorized or advertised many of these joi ...

The cloaking material mentioned in the OP is new.
It would be foolish to assume the US has an advantage in every technology.
Unless, of course, you are a western propagandist.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-16 23:30:59 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-15 19:49
The cloaking material mentioned in the OP is new.
It would be foolish to assume the US has an adva ...

All I'm saying, Rob, is that we should not be overly confident about these fields of science because they're all still but of laboratory stages of development. No harm meant here.
And yes, the US and China are collaborating with each other, in university on unversity levels in the studies and researches of these [ presently still harmless ] sciences therefore I would NOT give these sciences much credit at this point.  

Examples: this one is Japanese. We have same videos by armatures/hobbyists in China, the US have such hobbyists too and so are many other countries into the novelty as well. In other words: I would not give the nay sayer here this board the chance probability of an argument with us on these subjects.

These fields of sciences is not rocket science at this point, Rob, and until it is rocket science, this, and this, is where we should focus our attention, Robby.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Mr Copy and paste not a bad article but surprised you can read the long words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Interesting topic!  I enjoy reading essay on science!
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.