Author: Grace222

How would the US verify that North Korea is disarming? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-11 03:20:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2018-3-10 14:24
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-10 06:49
I wonder if the US will agree to remove all their military bases from South Korea and Japan
in retur ...

From Korea yes. From Japan no. You stretch a bit too far. The Japanese are still afraid of China. Eventually this fear will end and Japan and China will become the partners they should logically be. Then US forces will leave from the entire western Pacific. The US would be able to end all its foreign bases once the Russian, Chinese and Muslim problems end. Perhaps the UN will be able to take-over the world police role (if China, the EU, India, Russia and the US agree) That's my hope.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-11 03:28:56 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-10 09:59
Of course it won't agree, or how can the military get money from the congress and what do you expe ...

No national economy REQUIRES military expenditures. Resources presently going to the military can be put to constructive use. Capitalism doesn't depend on military expenditures. There are, of course, capitalists who will resist disarmament. But the majority of the voters will rule over them.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-11 10:47:39 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-3-11 03:28
No national economy REQUIRES military expenditures. Resources presently going to the military can  ...

Your point of view is that of the public, but military as an independent force has its own logic. And to a large number of professional servicemen, what do you expect them to do if without the posts around the world? Do you have so many jobs to accomodate all of them? Do you remember those veterans of Vietnam War like Rambolt? Have you noticed that some of the killers are retired soldiers from Afghanistan?

Once you get the ball rolling, it is not you that can tell when to stop.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-11 10:52:07 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-10 23:34
The US would not acquiesce to such a reasonable request.
This only sheds more light on how rigid a ...

The US is only part of the evil in the world, there are more threats such as hunger, poverty, global warming, terrorism, disease, natural disasters, etc, that are much more dangerous than a nuclear war. Either North Korea or the US relies on their co-existence for their mutual survival. Only people like you and me are often deceived and fooled but we are very pleased to be so.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-11 11:16:52 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-3-10 11:20
From Korea yes. From Japan no. You stretch a bit too far. The Japanese are still afraid of China. E ...

Right now the world has to concentrate on the US problem and that means getting them out of places they do not belong anywhere in east Asia.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-11 11:19:28 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-10 18:52
The US is only part of the evil in the world, there are more threats such as hunger, poverty, glob ...

Yeah, nuclear war would just be a small nuisance.

People might have to stay home on that day but by the next day everything would be fine.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.