Views: 2463|Replies: 15

Warming Sunrays In One's Life [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-8 16:55:36 |Display all floors

It is the little things that enrich us the most generously. A smile on someone's face warms more than a nuclear plant might.

The other day I was walking through a sitting-out area. An elderly man was sitting there alone. He looked up at me and offered a "Nin hao" spontaneously. I replied the same to him.

Then he switched to his perhaps rusty English:

"Please, shit down!" And he patted the bench next to him.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-8 17:02:45 |Display all floors

There also is that elderly lady. Many old folks are hostile to pets but not this sprightly woman.

Every time I happen to encounter her as I walk my dogs, she asks again: "san'ge gou?" Yes, three dogs.

The other day I passed by a house which is home to a dog of the same breed as ours. The dog has taken a fancy to our youngest dog because she is a bitch and he is a male, and you can add two to two...

The dog follows us to almost everywhere as long as our young bitch is walking on the ground. If he gets a bit too enterprising, I lift her up and place her on my shoulder.

Then we four dogs and one human bumped into the woman again. "Wah, si'ge gou?" she went. Which one was the baby, she wanted to know. I explained to her that the third adult was the "boyfriend" of the daughter of the two other dogs.

"Wah, when are they going to marry?" she exclaimed, laughing.

A nice woman to have as a neighbour!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-8 18:20:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-8 01:02
There also is that elderly lady. Many old folks are hostile to pets but not this sprightly woman.  ...

Just don't let them know you're a full time western propagandist who hates everything about China except chit chat about your dogs.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 20:04:33 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-8 18:20
Just don't let them know you're a full time western propagandist who hates everything about China  ...

Bob, you sound like a broken record. Is anything other than your gramophone broken?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 20:47:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-8 07:04
Bob, you sound like a broken record. Is anything other than your gramophone broken?

He is just jealous of you.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 20:52:48 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2018-3-8 20:47
He is just jealous of you.

Now even more than before. He lost his tag teammate, Lionel...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 20:55:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-8 07:52
Now even more than before. He lost his tag teammate, Lionel...

I noticed that today, do you know what he was banned for?
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.