Author: robert237

The new lower class in US   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-25 06:35:52 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-3-22 15:20
American public schools in some states are going to shorten to 4 days per week because of the defici ...

Although I share your nihilism towards Donald Trump, I absolutely fail to see your negative point about U.S. greatness.

The U.S.A. has a claim to greatness for a variety of reasons. You say it was founded as a colony. While that is correct so what? Every country is a form of a colony on the ruins of previous cultures. The U.S.A. is no exception. China is no different either.

But unlike China, the U.S.A. has overcome some of those negative features and created a new, modern, more inclusive society. The U.S. American revolution has been an inspiration to the whole rest of humanity IN SPITE OF THE STILL EXISTING INEQUITIES. U.S. America's greatness was shown when the U.S.A. joined others in their fight against Japanese and Nazi German Fascism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-26 18:38:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-25 06:29
The U.S.A. has "a short history"? I think you are misinformed.

n America has a history of 13'000  ...

Do you celebrate your 420 day in advance? You fail to understand which I am talking about?

The American continent might have been very long history, but the colonists have destroyed its brilliant civilization completely. They killed all the native Americans.

You are ignorant of anthropologiy. The Greek athroologists argue that they found fossils in Bulgaria that can be traced to 7 million years ago.

However the civilization of Europe is way behind China. This is admitted by former German President who delivered his speech in Tongji University.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-26 18:39:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-25 06:29
The U.S.A. has "a short history"? I think you are misinformed.

n America has a history of 13'000  ...

Do you celebrate your 420 day in advance? You fail to understand which I am talking about?

The American continent might have been very long history, but the colonists have destroyed its brilliant civilization completely. They killed all the native Americans.

You are ignorant of anthropologiy. The Greek athroologists argue that they found fossils in Bulgaria that can be traced to 7 million years ago.

However the civilization of Europe is way behind China. This is admitted by former German President who delivered his speech in Tongji University.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-26 18:56:01 |Display all floors
The U.S.A. has a claim to greatness for a variety of reasons. You say it was founded as a colony. While that is correct so what? Every country is a form of a colony on the ruins of previous cultures. The U.S.A. is no exception. China is no different either.

Nonsense again. Where did I say the US was founded as a colony? Quote my words.

The US was founded on 13 colonies. You don't have a modicum of the knowledge of the US. Of course, China is different. P.R. China is not built on a colony that colonizing other people, but being colonized by brutal Europeans and Japanese. Chinese beautiful imperial garden was burnt down by Europeans invaders as they committed the similar crimes in Australia, North America, Africa, and other Aisan countries, from Singapor, India, Myarmar etc.

You need to ask your father how your family settled down in Africa and colonized, enslaved them.

Germany has repent for its crime during WWII under Hitler Regime. It is time for Africans, African Americans, Africans, native Americans, First Nationals of Canada, Australian aboriginals, Indians, and other colonized Asian countries to demand an official apology and compensation from the formal colonists.

India has been demanding the return of the diamond stolen by the British.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-26 20:13:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-24 14:35
Although I share your nihilism towards Donald Trump, I absolutely fail to see your negative poin ...

""But unlike China, the U.S.A. has overcome some of those negative features and created a new, modern, more inclusive society.""

What are "some of those negative features"? Nothing in your post preceding this statement mentions
anything about features of the US or China. Have you forgotten that before you pump up the US and
denigrate China that you really ought to spell out at least one specific for making such bias claims?
By modern US I assume you mean the US that was created through the use of mass genocide of
the native Americans. The modern US was founded by slave owners. George Washington, the famed
"father of the US" was a slave owner and slave trader.
Even today the US can't be viewed as inclusive. The US needs illegals to do the most menial jobs
that those of European descent refuse to do such as pick crops and slaughter livestock. They now
want to build a wall along the entire Mexican border with the US so they can better manage these
illegals and send them home when they are through with their menial labor.
What is so inclusive about the 3 richest Americans having as much wealth as the lower 50% or
160 million Americans?
The US let the German Nazis have free reign over their plans for at least 7 years before the US got
involved in WWII. By that time European imperialism had already taken a chunk out of the middle east
in what is now the immoral state of Israel. The US knew they could expand into the middle east and
not have to appear as the imperialists once the war was over and Germany had been defeated.
Israel was a gift to the US by the Nazi Germans.
As far as fighting the Japanese, the US didn't get involved until Japan bombed a US naval base in
Pearl Harbor. Before then the US was happy to see Japanese genocide in China, Korea, and other
east Asian nations. After the Japanese were defeated the US had another excuse to expand their
tyranny. To this day the US has military bases and political influence in South Korea and Japan.
Just another example of US imperialism.
Fortunately the CPC defeated the US backed KMT and the war weary US was reluctant to press
on and get involved in an Asian land war. They should have been so wise before they killed over
a million people in Southeast Asia during US imperialist push into Vietnam.
Fortunately the US lost that war too. They couldn't force their feudalism onto the Vietnamese.
Revisionists from the west can't cover up the truth any longer.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-26 20:39:58 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-26 20:13
""But unlike China, the U.S.A. has overcome some of those negative features and created a new, mod ...

Robert, you need to spend some time in Shanghai or the more developed cities in the coastal provinces.

First, of course, you need to learn some Chinese .... and then you can watch and listen to how these new middle class people talk about the migrant workers who have been China’s engine for growth, the workers who sweated to build all that new modern infrastructure. When you hear how they talk about them, look down upon them, how they don’t trust them.... maybe ... just maybe.... you’ll have a different attitude to the creation of the new class system in China.

You are utterly clueless ... been in China five minutes and think you know everything because you know how to order a Bug Mac in Guilin. Even a moron can point at a picture menu.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-26 21:43:06 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-3-26 04:39
Robert, you need to spend some time in Shanghai or the more developed cities in the coastal provin ...

There are haughty people in every country. It's no surprise you find and hang out with them since you are one yourself.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.