Author: learn789

hi guys how to translate 今天请你领读课文? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-15 16:21:35 |Display all floors
A translator should try his best to take into consideration of every possibility of misunderstanding or failure of getting the meaning across.
Any addition to or absence of the original is undesired. A translator might have his own understanding of the same, but he should not be so sure if he was given the authority or guarantee. Translation tends to be tricky, as any experienced translator would tell you with their stories that are too embarassing that they do not like to talk about them again in public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-15 19:40:05 |Display all floors
GreenNanning Post time: 2018-3-15 16:21
A translator should try his best to take into consideration of every possibility of misunderstanding ...

How is the comment of yours relevant to the topic of the OP?

And please don't eat your words when you say "a translator should try his best to take into consideration of every possibility of misunderstanding or failure of getting the meaning across".

Who on earth tells you that a translator is always male but not female? Or are you saying female translators can be loose? Don't forget the possibilities, otherwise you are going to offend many female readers, especially feminists. Mind you, you have to learn to be careful to your wording. That can be considered as sexism, and political incorrection.
Why should every translator consider everything? There are excellent and poor translators. And different clients have different requirements on the quality of the translation.

In this case, I assume the OP is a teacher of English, and s/he is expected to be able to touch up the translation suggested by other people, in case the translated sentence doesn't exactly fit the setting.

The forum is named "Translation Tips", instead of "Translation Service". Do you understand the differences between them? "Tips" means people just provide with suggestions only.

I found some people are incapable of answering the questions at all as numerous posts here leave without answers, but rather good at preaching, nitpickinig, and gibbering about hogwash. Excuse me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-15 21:11:53 |Display all floors
Oh, man, I did not notice you used the word "heckle" to describe my questioning.
Once again, I want to make it clear that I simply raise a question because it is questionable.
Whether you may have made a mistake or you could have done better is how you see the question, it has nothing to do with my arrogance or ignorance. "How do you know...?" is a normal everyday sentence pattern, intended to draw an answer, not to make offense in my opinion.
Like I said, I will provide my version of the translation in due time because I have no interest to be the winner either of the debate with you or of the competition in question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-16 07:34:09 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-15 21:11
Oh, man, I did not notice you used the word "heckle" to describe my questioning.
Once again, I want  ...

First, I am not a man. Don't call me man everywhere.

Second, I have answered your "interrogation" point by point.

How could it be possible that setting is outside of the school as the sentence is clearly and loudly stated with "kewen",   when you asked me that stupid question? Do any companies read aloud "kewen"? Do any groups read aloud "kewen"?

How could it be possible that the whole school read aloud the same "kewen" at the same time?

It is not the sentence questionable, but your own IQ is questionable.

Third, people would intrepret "heckle" when you raised your question, because the way you posed your question was impolite.

Let me teach you how to ask a question appropriately. Would you please tell me how you know...?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-16 10:17:37 |Display all floors
SA,

Besides these, there's another thread posted by the same OP that you responded to also indicates and verifies the setting is about the class as he/she used 'jiaoshi" and "xuesheng".

What points are you "questioning" about here? Nothing! You just waste people's time. Period.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-16 22:36:04 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-3-15 19:40
How is the comment of yours relevant to the topic of the OP?

And please don't eat your words when ...

You stun me with your making a mountain out of a molehill.
According to your hair-splitting norm, his and her are still far from inclusive because you obviously leave out the transexual people and you do not even know that there are more than two sexes in today's world.
Perhaps you are too radical or I am just a busybody.
OK, now I sit back and you two can go on.
0.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-17 12:23:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-3-17 12:24

Stay calm..

It is you who demand the translator should consider all possiblities, now you're accusing people wiht your nonsense.

Let me know--what is the gender that is stated on your identification card?

Let me know-- what are the genders stated on the passports of international people?

Only male and female! Obviously you know nothing about the fact, you are just living in your comic funny page!

Don't keep yelling, okay? You're just an savoury busybody. Please preach elsewhere, because I'm not interested in your nonsense.

By the way, are you one of the two female journalists? Look like you're a boy-lady from Tailand.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.