Author: SEARU

Why Chinese education is still backward? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-10 09:56:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-10 07:39
Thanks. I am grateful to see that I am not the only reader of SEARU's posts. He has interesting th ...

I always believe that truth comes from debating which may take place only within yourself-brain and it is always wonderful when I share with reader-friends whose constructive reply could drive me to think more smartly and sharply!
Say thanks to the forum-platform where we could freely have  cross-talking!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-10 09:56:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-10 07:39
Thanks. I am grateful to see that I am not the only reader of SEARU's posts. He has interesting th ...

handshake
I always believe that truth comes from debating which may take place only within yourself-brain and it is always wonderful when I share with reader-friends whose constructive reply could drive me to think more smartly and sharply!
Say thanks to the forum-platform where we could freely have  cross-talking!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-10 10:18:06 |Display all floors
okra Post time: 2018-3-10 08:39
Yet Japan and South Korea have education systems similar to China's including Hong Kong SAR and di ...

About ' A key challenge is how to re-train the school teachers, university and college lecturers, and vocational and business trainers.' -------------
It is not easy to change public traditional concept on education. That would take a long time if we hesitate  to take effective measures to save our education! ----------Am I bold to say so?  I wonder what the authority would feel when they hear my voice!  Welcome or ‘kick me off’’ as one friend commented on my past related writing?  "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-10 10:29:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-3-10 11:08
okra Post time: 2018-3-10 08:39
Yet Japan and South Korea have education systems similar to China's including Hong Kong SAR and di ...

About “Create a national program to investigate and improve this aspect quickly,”---------
It is a must-be that would take place sooner or later! The sooner,the better!
It seems that Chinese are in a hurry to make advanced industrial things ignoring the importance of how to develop basic education! ----------The content of our dictionary and how to re-edit new set of textbooks of all levels would mean a lot for Chinese future.  It is useful for us to sense the root problems existing in the school yard. Do things quickly as hitting nails into the wood-board in President Xi's words!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-10 12:15:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-10 13:45:38 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-3-10 10:29
About “Create a national program to investigate and improve this aspect quickly,”---------
It is  ...

In the past there was much poverty. People did not have enough things.  So, naturally, the focus has been on making and acquiring things. A lot of why's can be traced to the past....

There was a seminar in Beijing. Some people and academicians were invited. The presenter spoke on the business idea behind the technology. All were quiet in the room. Then he took out and placed on the table the device that was to be used. All eyes lit up.

Society must elevate its focus from things to ideas. Then imagination can take flight and creativity can be developed by looking for how to meet needs in economic mode from enveloping form and function in a canopy of ideas built on the bricks of imagination.

In the US, there was someone many years ago; he has since fallen. His name was Jay Walker. He had bushy and thick eyebrows. He it was the first person who tried to copyright ideas based on business models for services.

China needs more jay-walkers not just react-ors. And, perhaps, there are ways to change the education system until it can generate enthusiastic and energetic but ordinary peoples who just like to think through to novel ideas with economic benefits. Just figure out how to activate lazy but smart people; that is the first of many groups.

So....if engineers like to solve problems, does China have its own TRIZ methods?

There was once a multinational business meeting; to break ice, there were games on the beach. One game was to solve a problem using sticks but requiring out-of-box thinking. The senior American engineer was so enthusiastic about finding THE solution by thinking and tinkering you could have sworn his eyes glittered in the twilight on that beach.

Therefore, make learning a game and pit teams of students against one another to use TRIZ with Chinese characteristics to solve really difficult and cunning problems that require them to apply what they have learned in class but applied in a curved-ball manner. Same objective - to achieve a result - but now instead of just marks on paper, real-life solutions.

And...what about business leaders? Can they use mind-mapping tools with Chinese characteristics to scenario the correct business paths in order to solve complex business issues requiring fast decision-making at lowest risk despite insufficient information?

If ivy league universities require peer-reviewed case-studies presentations, why can't schools require peer-reviewed lessons-learned presentations by students? Then learning becomes active not rote; all needed would be for the teacher to construct a set of case-studies at the end of the semester or term and get the students to team up and present their lessons learned for class discussion. In order to win the latest terabyte Huawei hand-phone.

If all else fails, start a nationwide campaign by asking fathers to sing, read, recite math equations, or play classical mozart,chopin to their babies still in the womb.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-11 03:17:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-10 12:15
If you watch children you can see for yourself that they don't really need much "encouragement" to ...

Agree!Littlle kids under three-year-old have super ability even than adults on learning. I had posted one thread titled ‘We should learn foreign language as kids’. -----------But in writing I refer kids as all children before 18-year-old. Ordinary students need your encouragement rather than blaming in most cases!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.