Author: SEARU

Why Chinese education is still backward? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-6 11:01:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 09:56
I also am puzzled by your expression: "Self-made high speed trains".

They are not "self-made" at ...

You have been trying to find bones from inside the egg!  I think you would easily become a ‘sharp’ lawyer who could put judges into hot water!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 11:05:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 09:59
What puzzles me is that the answer to your puzzling question has been posted hundreds of times in  ...

Everyone has his or her own view on the same thing.  I want to make a summary on my past writings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 11:24:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 10:12
Yes, that is the root of the problem! China's education is old-fashioned and has made only a few ...

Thanks for your supporting to me!   I think Chinese have been troubled by dim concepts who are satisfied with being fooled by too much of unclear things in words! -----------Always repeating ancient poems and other difficult sayings even including single character without true understanding!
In the west, each word or text has definite meaning and once reading is enough for you to follow!

(I have post many articles on some interesting Chinese characters which contain much of traditional culture.  That would let children become interested in Chinese language. )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 11:30:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 10:56
I truly fail to understand your point.

On press, many titles are not correct if considered in grammar but they are normal for attracting readers' eyeball!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 12:24:03 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-3-6 11:01
You have been trying to find bones from inside the egg!  I think you would easily become a ‘sharp ...

Do you mean I was trying to split hairs?

Translating Chinese proverbs into English can render them unintelligible.

No, Searu, I wasn't trying to put you down, to split hairs or to find bones inside an egg. What I was doing was to show how easily people slip up when they take words in too literal a sense.

I have been telling you you need to broaden your horizon. A teacher needs a broad horizon to impart knowledge. Reading dictionaries for edification does not broaden a man's horizon wide enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 15:39:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 12:24
Do you mean I was trying to split hairs?

Translating Chinese proverbs into English can render th ...

It is lucky for me to meet with you on the horizon line of the Globe!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 15:44:38 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-3-6 15:39
It is lucky for me to meet with you on the horizon line of the Globe!

I am glad you do see some merit in my posts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.