Author: SEARU

Why Chinese education is still backward? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-6 01:13:59 |Display all floors
In fact I have many articles on my career. You may have a check on them. We should have a close examination on the details taking place on school-yard, then learn from our counterparts  who are more advanced in many aspects!
Welcome leave your advice!  (Now I have to quit for sleeping since it is too late!)
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 09:54:24 |Display all floors
SEARU, Searu, Searu!!!

For a man relatively well advanced in his years and studying your English dictionary on a daily basis, you cannot be forgiven for writing up such an ungrammatical title!!!

There are two ways you can write this title:

"Why Chinese education is still backward"   (No question mark!!!!)

"Why is Chinese education still backward?"   (With question mark).

Please, read more prose texts, including works of fiction (for example news and commentaries in the CHINA DAILY) to get used to correct English!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 09:56:56 |Display all floors

I also am puzzled by your expression: "Self-made high speed trains".

They are not "self-made" at all. They were made by workers, thanks to the advanced designs produced in Germany, France, Japan and Canada and followed by factory hands in China.

"Self-made" can qualify a person: "A self-made man..." is a successful man who rose to his position all through his own efforts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 09:59:27 |Display all floors
What is wrong with Chinese schooling system?  This question has puzzled me for a long time.   I wish this writing would reveal some real problems for further reforming!

What puzzles me is that the answer to your puzzling question has been posted hundreds of times in our forum by many posters, me included (but there are other posters who went to the trouble of writing blogs to this topic).

Why didn't you engage in dialogues with those posters who offered insights and relevant answers?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 10:12:03 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-3-6 00:12
a.-------------Our kids should not be taught ‘hard things’ at early age!  Recently I have noticed  ...

Yes, that is the root of the problem! China's education is old-fashioned and has made only a few concessions to modern and enlightened schooling concepts. It has adopted the West's concept of colleges and universities, their courses and on a lower level, the adoption of English as a compulsory subject. But that's almost all the Comrades accepted. This is only because the Comrades have realized that sciences are important for any growing economy; what they fail to understand is that soft subjects are just as important: P.E., the arts, languages. Education is more than what meets the eye. It should include moral guidance, the respect for laws and civic-mindedness.

Now China is successful to some extent in terms of economic development but it is an intellectual weakling compared even with some of the worlds smallest nations. Why is that?

It is because free thinking is actively discouraged from. Neutral, objective analysing of things is not learnt. Pupils learn everything by heart, and everything is served lukewarm from the mouth of the top that rules.

And China clearly is reverting to its bad old ways. Confucian schools are flowering again. Class sizes still are inhumanely large. Sometimes pupils are asked to wear period Ming costumes.  

There is an overemphasis on utilitarianism: studying must lead to a success defined in terms of usefulness. You learn a language only because 'it pays to know that language", not out of curiosity or love for a different culture.

When there is no love from the pupil for the subject the pupil is absorbing there is going to be no lasting interest. The pupil forgets what he or she has absorbed.

I think it was Lenin who coined the phrase "useful idiots".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 10:54:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-6 09:54
SEARU, Searu, Searu!!!

For a man relatively well advanced in his years and studying your English d ...

I had read an article on how to make an attractive title for your writing that may be allowed to go in an innormal way! ------------ So don't say it is not fit for grammar rules.
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 10:56:45 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-3-6 10:54
I had read an article on how to make an attractive title for your writing that may be allowed to g ...

I truly fail to understand your point.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.