Author: ceciliazhang

China's "four great new inventions" in modern times   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-5 14:55:12 |Display all floors

Passengers prepare to get on a train of Istanbul-Ankara high-speed railway in Pendik Station, Istanbul, Turkey, April 30, 2017. In recent years, a number of China's technological innovations have been making their moves in the world. Among them, Dockless Shared Bicycles, High-speed Rail, Alipay and E-commerce stand out with a reputation of China's "four great new inventions" in modern times, which have made the daily life of the public more and more convenient. (Xinhua/Qin Yanyang)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-5 14:55:25 |Display all floors

An rider shows the ofo app after using ofo bike in Sydney, Australia, on Oct. 26, 2017. In recent years, a number of China's technological innovations have been making their moves in the world. Among them, Dockless Shared Bicycles, High-speed Rail, Alipay and E-commerce stand out with a reputation of China's "four great new inventions" in modern times, which have made the daily life of the public more and more convenient. (Xinhua/Bai Xuefei)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-5 21:15:27 |Display all floors
Not bad at all.

I can't wait for the comments of a certain China basher
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 10:19:53 |Display all floors
A lot of hype about very small changes to life.
I see not one new "invention", though. Surely high-speed trains have been around for three times as long in thee West as they have in China? So how can China claim it has "invented" them???

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 10:25:41 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-3-5 14:55
Passengers prepare to get on a train of Istanbul-Ankara high-speed railway in Pendik Station, Istanb ...

The train in this picture was made by CAF in Spain. Turkey operates Spanish-made high-speed trains. What has CHina to do with it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 10:29:40 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2018-3-5 21:15
Not bad at all.

China is the world's top maker of drones. There are many competitors as drones can be made by many producers in many countries, yet a Shenzhen-based plant has wrested the top place and has a virtual monopoly in the global market. However, drones were not invented in China.

I comment not to bash but to set the record right. There are no Chinese "inventions" among the things shown. There are some novel applications of existing technologies - yes.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-6 10:30:12 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2018-3-5 21:15
Not bad at all.

There he comes ( # 39 )......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.