Views: 880|Replies: 0

American Cinderella Madness [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-5 08:50:13 |Display all floors
If you read the corporate American 'news' you will have noticed that March Madness is upon us again and if you didn't know, that means that the Americans will tell us a Cinderella Story. March Madness of course is the NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball Tournament but Americans like to call it March Madness for some reason. So every year when we have to hear about all the March Madness nonsense the Americans will always have some college that wasn't expected to make the tournament that gets in and the effeminate Americans will call them a Cinderella Story and it is just so gay that is makes me want to vomit. Every year.

So already I read a headline this morning on google news titled - ' Introducing Cinderella: Lipscomb headed to first ever NCAA tournament. We have our Cinderella.

I did have high hopes for the Americans this year because on the ESPN commercial promoting March Madness they went with a David and Goliath theme and that is cool and not gay - there was a sneaky Cinderella slipper in there but I let it pass and was looking forward to a year when the Americans did not go on with this Cinderella NCAA gayness - but no - it is Lipscomb. This years NCAA Cinderella is Lipscomb. Vomit!

Now in Australia we are not as gay as the Americans so we don't go about calling sporting teams Cinderella. Sometimes if a team exceeds expectations and makes the semis/playoffs/finals - we will call it a Fairy Tale story/season but we won't say Cinderella. We do not want Cinderella associated with our sporting leagues or teams like the Americans do. A funny example of an Australian sporting Fairy Tale was the 1989 Rugby League season when the Canberra Raiders exceeded expectation by managing to make the Rugby League Grand Final where they faced the great 87 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the Grand Final. Unfortunately for the Canberra Raiders they lost and during Manly captain Fatty Vautins victory speech that he gave in front of a slumped Canberra Raiders Viking mascot, crying Canberra Raiders players, cheerleaders and fans - Fatty said "It was a fairytale for them, but we ripped out the last page". And to that everyone on the podium and all of us across the nation that were not Canberra Raiders fans laughed. But at least he didn't call them Cinderella.

So I say to the gay Americans - when your 2018 NCAA Cinderella Lipscomb is knocked out of your March Madness tournament, can we at least get a funny speech about how the other team smashed their glass slipper? Stole the slipper and wore them to the ball themselves? We are going to get with the Prince at the ball - not you? Get back down in the basement and scub some floors? Something? And next year can there be no NCAA Cinderella story please? I am running out of vomit. I know you Americans are very effeminate and you cry over Budweiser Superbowl commercials that feature a Clydesdale or a puppy but come on - let's end this American Cinderella Madness. Come on.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-5 08:54:24 |Display all floors
And does anyone have a clue how a team actually qualifies for March Madness? Bracketology? Could March Madness seeding be done better? ......Ummmm.... YES! You lunatic Americans. Only in America. Only in America.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.