Views: 1380|Replies: 0

I feel I let her die alone [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-2 13:30:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Donald_Trump at 2018-3-2 13:41

My wife died last year in hospital after a long terrible illness. In the last few weeks of her life they gave me a bed next to her and I would sleep there every night and hold her hand. One night I was late arriving because I ran out of gas, I walked to a distent gas station, bought a gallon of gas and poured in in my tank. I quickly drove back to the gas station to fill my car up and drive quickly to the hospital. On the way there I got a call telling me she had died. I will never be able to forgive myself for this. At the same time I was angry at her for not waiting just 1 more hour for me to come back. Then again, I could have been right next to her and woken in the morning to find she had died while I was asleep. For months, I never slept, never ate, and never went outside. I lost a lot of weight, I cry a lot, my lawn looks ugly, I dont answer the phone when my kids call. The only time I went out was to lay a rose where my wife lies, then come home and hide my car in the garage so nobody will know Im home. Friends would ring my doorbell and I just sit there. All I do is sit on our sofa watching our 100+ reels of home movies off our old 8mm movie projector. Im feelingless, numb, sad and heartbroken.

After 5 months of this, I finally gave in. I cut our grass, watered her flower garden, washed our car, called our kids, and mailed our friends. I think about her all the time, I am still a married man deeply in love with my wife. I kind of feel I gave up on myself, and she wouldnt want me to do that. I will wait forever for her. I believe I will see her soon.

To those who got to be there with their loved one, at the moment they die, are very very blessed in life.

Thank you for reading.

DT.

2017.png

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  Rated R, Parental Guidance Suggested....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.