Views: 7046|Replies: 16

89-year-old man in SW China becomes nude model [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-1 15:23:51 |Display all floors
FOREIGN201802231610000173690309462.jpg

An 89-year-old man from southwestern China’s Sichuan province began working as a “nude model” in 2012, Chinese news site ThePaper.cn reported.

According to the elderly model Wang Suzhong, one of the millions of empty nesters in China, he loves being a nude model since it frees his mind and relieves his pain of loneliness.

5 years ago, he was by chance invited by a modeling agent at a studio of a local college to be a nude model. As a fan of body art, he accepted the invitation and officially entered the business of nude modeling.

“I was not shy about exposing myself for the first time since I’ve seen such scenes,” Wang said, adding that he would hold still as possible as he can during the painting.

During the past 5 years, he has modeled for students of nearly 20 colleges in Sichuan province.

“I could earn 70 yuan ($11) with my clothes on, and 100 yuan naked,” he said, adding that he got a 10-yuan raise over the last year.

“I used to live on low income benefits, and now I earn extra money,” he noted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-1 15:24:14 |Display all floors
FOREIGN201802231610000260973225539.jpg

However, Wang has never been understood by his son who believes that nude modeling is a shameful job. His son even cut off ties with him for this.

Fortunately, his granddaughter Wang Xin showed her support. “It’s great for him to find what he loves,” said the 19-year-old girl who’s currently studying at college.

“I want to set an example for all empty nesters like me by having fun in life and making contribution to society,” Wang explained.

According to him, modeling not only improves his life materially, but also has become a spiritual dependence.

He believes that nude modeling is not a shame but art, and what he does will push forward the development of culture.

“I know the miseries of the old days, and being a nude model in this freer society is a good choice for me,” he said. (from http://en.people.cn)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-6 06:38:37 |Display all floors
100 yuan is about $20 aud. It doesn't seem like much. In Australia a nude model only makes $80-$100 aud for a three hour session. That doesn't seem like much either. Anyway this guy should come to Australia and do some nude modelling so he can make more money. I guess the cost of living would wipe out his profits though. To me nude modelling does seem a bit undignified. Sitting there is front of some stupid art students trying to stay still while they draw a picture. Yes that is messed up. This guy should punch the next art student he sees in the face.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-6 06:39:35 |Display all floors
He is a human being for goodness sake. Doesn't he realize that?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-6 06:40:28 |Display all floors
Sitting there like a bowl of fruit. For art students! $%$% that.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-6 19:10:32 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-3-6 06:38
100 yuan is about $20 aud. It doesn't seem like much. In Australia a nude model only makes $80-$100  ...

Wouldn'y need a wide angle lens to take a nude pic of me these days

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-6 20:48:57 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-3-6 06:10
Wouldn'y need a wide angle lens to take a nude pic of me these days

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.