Views: 6687|Replies: 4

Commuters confront foreigner smoking on Beijing subway [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-28 10:29:09 |Display all floors
(Daily Mail) Mobile phone footage emerged showing the foreigner swearing in foul language to a few Chinese commuters as he was told not to smoke in the carriage.

His cigarette got snatched away by one passenger as subway station workers arrived to settle the dispute.

According to a web user, known by his account name 'Jg_JiaWuJia', who posted the video on his social media account, the incident happened on line no. 2 of Beijing subway on February 24.

Jia wrote: 'The foreign man says "f***ing animal" when a few Chinese passengers told him not to smoke in the train.'

He also mentioned that he told the man to 'put out your cigarette or leave China' before filming the incident as evidence.

There were no suggestion of what the man's nationality is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-28 10:30:05 |Display all floors
Another onlooker can be heard telling the foreigner to 'f*** off and go back to your country'.

'This is China,' he said.

The foreigner, appeared to be drunk as he stumbled, said: 'It's not a country, it's called the Middle Kingdom!' - a literal translation of China in Mandarin, Zhongguo.

One passenger said: 'F*** off please.'

The man replied: 'You f*** off. F*** me? F*** you!'

Jia told Pear Video that he noticed a quarrel at another carriage when the train was stopping at Xuanwumen station.

'I showed the footage to a subway staff at Fuxingmun stop, just two stations after. She walked into the carriage and attempted to settle the quarrel.

One onlooker snatched away the cigarettes and put it out.

According to Regulation on Operation Safety of Metro Transport in Beijing, smoking on train is not allowed and offenders can face a fine of minimum 50 yuan (£5.68), up to 1,000 yuan (£114).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-28 10:34:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-28 16:41:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-1 13:52:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-3-1 14:02

Keep it up!  That's the way to handle those scums who don't obey the law!  I have never snatched away cigarettes from those I caught smoking in public toilets; I told them to stub it out and they always obeyed because they knew it was against the law, but hoped others around would not mind.
If everyone stood up and demanded those scums obey the law, China woud be a better place to live.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.