Views: 2063|Replies: 7

North Korea willing to have talks with US [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-26 04:02:24 |Display all floors

The North Korean delegation to the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, indicated "North Korea is willing to have talks with the U.S., and the North agrees that inter-Korean relations and North Korea-U. S. relations should advance together," said a statement from South Korea's presidential administration Sunday. South Korean President Moon Jae-in "pointed out the urgency to hold dialogue between North Korea and the U.S. in order to fundamentally the resolve the issues on the Korean Peninsula and to improve inter-Korean relations," the statement reported.

In a public statement earlier Sunday, however, the North Korean regime condemned the United States' latest round of sanctions against North Korea, announced Friday. "The two Koreas have cooperated together and the Olympics was held successfully," Pyongyang said via state-run media, "but the U.S. brought the threat of war to the Korean peninsula with large-scale new sanctions."

President Trump has repeatedly expressed an interest in direct negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. However, he frequently vacillates toward more aggressive rhetoric. On Friday, he suggested that if these sanctions fail, he will move on to an unspecified "Phase 2" which could be "rough" and "very unfortunate for the world."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-27 05:04:18 |Display all floors
Of course, almost anything is appropriate to save the inhabitants of Seoul from the destruction those NK batteries hang over their heads. But, my own longer-range hope is that China will see fit to replace the Kim family gang with some people who will obey Chinese orders - and pave the way for demilitarization of the peninsula and the removal of the US forces. Korea integrated into Chinese security would cease to be a problem. Then, China and the US could build a partnership for peace.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-27 10:10:10 |Display all floors
For history reason, the North Korea is quite weak on economy and the political atmosphere seems like what happened in China during the Culture Revolution. It is a good start to see that the young leader begin to negotiate with the South Korea and then the U.S!  --------I wish all politicans on world-stage would encourage this trend and let all of the Globe-citizens feel peaceful!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-27 10:45:21 |Display all floors
No. One topic on their agenda:

Kim Yo-jong's pregnancy and whether she could give birth to the new Kim in a U.S. clinic to obtain U.S. naturalisation for mother and child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-27 23:58:00 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-27 05:04
Of course, almost anything is appropriate to save the inhabitants of Seoul from the destruction thos ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-28 00:18:11 |Display all floors
The US understands but one thing. They are afraid of a nuclear threat.
Mao knew this and now Kim knows this.
If the US wants to back Kim into a corner they'd better be ready for the consequences.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-28 01:43:42 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-26 16:04
Of course, almost anything is appropriate to save the inhabitants of Seoul from the destruction thos ...

I do empathize with those of you who find my repeated pro-Chinese statements boring and naive. I'm quite aware of the shortcomings of the current Chinese government and of the Communist Party of China (CPC). But, what is the alternative to painfully building a peaceful power-sharing between the West (mainly the USA) and China? Just war, suffering and destruction. Humanity can't make the progress it needs without a China fully-integrated into a stable international system that will be jointly-led by major powers (USA, China, EU, India, Japan).
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.