Author: english2008

欢迎大家探讨:第三十届韩素音翻译竞赛(汉译英) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-14 14:47:11 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-11 21:01
In my humble opinion, this is a word for word translation only but that could have been done in an ...

untitled.png

Can we see your Cayenne, instead of talking big?  Where's your translation?
untitled.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-15 11:07:34 |Display all floors
@zhuhu1 Hahaha, young man, cool! You have learnt how to choke an old guy by offering him cigarettes and may I know how much it would cost out of your meagre living expense if you bought me a packet?
The one who has the same name pattern of yours PGOne has been dumped into the ditch by the public.

OK, after the long preface, let us get to the subject.
I did not say your translation is not OK, OK?
I only said things could be done better, OK?
The competition is still going on, so it is not good for me to give you the better translation, it won't be fair to others, OK?
The day when you calm down, let me know, then we can have a good talk about translation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-15 13:27:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-3-15 13:29
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-15 11:07
@zhuhu1 Hahaha, young man, cool! You have learnt how to choke an old guy by offering him cigarettes  ...

Who is the young man you refer to? You just live in your own illusion.

I never claim my translation is excellent, but I don't appreciate people who are condescending when they're preaching nonsense. They are down right arrogant and ignorant.

I challenge you to translate the rest of text provided by the OP to demonstrating your great translation skill, so we can see how good you master the languages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-15 21:20:38 |Display all floors
I don't understand why you could not talk like a grown-up but start the communication with the pictures that are very low. Look at the images of the guys, one fat, the other dirty. It is you who wants to make troubles at first, young, middle-aged, or old man (one of them must be suitable for you because I do not know your age). If you liked English cultures, you should not have acted like the above, or it would be a waste of resources after so many good readings of English books because the mentality is still Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-18 10:50:50 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-3-16 07:18
Your IQ is below 70.

That's why you fail to understand I why every intelligent people would know  ...

Do you know that you are very rude, woman? (I refrain myself from using the word beginning with B)
Since you have made yourself look like being educated in a foreign college, I must give my warm congratulations to you on having gained a value of IQ as high as 250, yeah, your IQ is exactly 250 or you are a 250 for short.
Good day, b****!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-18 11:59:53 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-18 10:50
Do you know that you are very rude, woman? (I refrain myself from using the word beginning with B) ...

You simply proved yourself as a foul-mouthed hard devil. Go to hell, and don't stop stalking me around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-18 12:21:52 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-18 10:50
Do you know that you are very rude, woman? (I refrain myself from using the word beginning with B) ...

You simply make a fuss here, and make a scene of yourself.

You fail to provide any decent translation as the OP requests, but uploaded foul-language time and again. You're very offensive, and obnoxoiusl

You try to trash people's threads everywhere! Learn to behave yourself!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.