Author: tenderloin

US Nimitz class nuke powered carrier came out in 70s, China needs to catchup [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-5 06:30:50 |Display all floors
tenderloin Post time: 2018-3-4 20:18
Of course,  in your eyes everything China does is dumb.

I say mostly positive things about China and any criticism is constructive. Most recently I have said good things here about the Chinese communications party deciding to get rid of two term limits. And. I have always said that aircraft carriers are obsolete - often to help China when Americans make fun of Chinas lack of them.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-3-5 07:16:02 |Display all floors
tenderloin Post time: 2018-3-4 20:19
Of course, in your eyes ,everything China does is not smart

What China needs is some super weapons like Putin has. I know that China already has some nice weapons but China does not do a very good job of scaring the Americans with them like Putin does. China needs to make a bang with its weapons - a very big bang. Yes I know that China is forever tryj g to seem far away and no threat to the Americans but this is all wrong. The Americans see China as weak when China is acting the desperate unpopular kid that is prepared to do anything for friendship while the popular kid treats them like crap/enemy. If USA wants an enemy then China must give them one. China will get no respect with this desperate far away not a threat no matter what nonsense. It is weak - USA is right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-5 13:36:18 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-4 07:03
It would be fun to see a few Chinese nuclear powered aircraft carriers tooling around in the Gulf  ...

***Chinese nuclear powered aircraft carriers tooling around in the Gulf of Mexico***

Sadly, we Chinese ARE NOT as AGRESSIVE as Bill Clinton Was in the Taiwan Straight. Sad but true.

With all of our big talks, we always chicken out in the end, which is why the West and Russia takes advantage of us.

***at the sacrifice of what other armaments China could use to build up its deterrence.***

I would say it's always at the expenses of Chinese civilians as was the case of Nanjing because, as poorly trained and as poorly armed as Stalin's mens were and they hold Nazi Germany at bay at Leningrad, so could've Chang Kai sheck's mens defend the city of Nanjing and northeast China to the death.

Our shortcoming: we (or the KMT) was more interested in living for another day so as to fight  Mao's rag tag band of untrained guerrilla fighters composing of souls of China's rural and poor.

My position: Nanjing was our own fault which was why I wouldn't visit the site when I traveled China in 2010.

***Would it make more sense for China to be preparing for an all out war with the US and NATO?***

Regardless if it's the KMT of CCP, China will defend herself but she will never throw her muscle in places that offers her mo strategical benefit.

Chinese are, by and large CAPITALISTS FIRST AND FOREMOST no matter if they are KMT, CCP, whatever. They will kill each other but they will not stand up to the Laowei s even if they kick in the arse by westerners because Chinese see westerners as their idols.

Again, sorry for the negative impression I have of Beijing but, the present Chinese leaders seemingly wanted more to be seen or to be accepted as equal with those of the elites of the west than they are about King and country. Story of us Chinese and part of tge Chinese genome I suppose.

One thing I give the present leaderships, Jiang, Hu, and yes, Xi too of course, plenty credit: love Jiang and Hu for navigating the Chinese military towards a technologically state of the art arm force and love them for placing the country's security, as equally vital and important, as the juggling for of power that Xi is doing now days.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-5 15:03:42 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2018-3-4 21:36
***Chinese nuclear powered aircraft carriers tooling around in the Gulf of Mexico***

""Our shortcoming: we (or the KMT) was more interested in living for another day so as to fight  Mao's rag tag band of untrained guerrilla fighters composing of souls of China's rural and poor.""

Sounds like could've, should've, would've to me.

Mao's army was well seasoned by time they were at the end of their Long March.
They were guerilla soldiers, the same type that defeated the vastly "superior" US army in Vietnam.
You can still here US Vietnam veterns receiting the same "could've, should've, would've" to this day.
With their superior weapons and bombers they never had the belly to defeat the Viet Mihn.
The US ended up killing more civilians than Viet Mihn with their carpet bombing and agent orange attacks.
This galvanized the peasants to support the Viet Mihn even more.
The CPC forces during the 1930s and 1940s were of the same caliber as the Viet Mihn. They had the hearts
and minds of the peasants and thus, their support when needed.
The KMT, on the other hand, were spoiled brat puppets of the US. They had no interest in dying from some
foreign power. Especially a foreign power who had a 500 year record of subjugating people for their own profit.

""Chinese are, by and large CAPITALISTS FIRST AND FOREMOST no matter if they are KMT, CCP, whatever. They will kill each other but they will not stand up to the Laowei s even if they kick in the arse by westerners because Chinese see westerners as their idols.""

Total western propaganda. The CPC stood up to the KMT which was backed by the US. It was the US who didn't have
the belly to fight the war themselves. The US knew the Russians were fast developing their own atomic bomb and the
US also knew that Russia would come to the aid of China if the US interfered. The Russians exploded their first
atomic bomb a little over a month before the CPC won the civil war.
China has had the longest standing communist government active today. 69 years.
The west loves to paint the Chinese as stictly capitalists but at their own peril. It's never a good thing to
go on the record with an outright lie.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-9 02:04:03 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-3-4 23:03
""Our shortcoming: we (or the KMT) was more interested in living for another day so as to fight  M ...

Sorry rob,

As a full blooded Chinese who's deeply patriotic to King and Country, the land where I stashed my umbilical cord, sad for me to say but, aside from our ability"at sprinting past 'THE BEST of THE BEST' in fields of science and technology, particularly in military and national defense which I give full mark and praise", I just don't have confidence the manner the country is now navigated.

My view on the politics of China: regardless if it's the rules of 秦皇; if it's the ten commamments written by 毛泽东; if it's the theorems of 鄧小平; if it's the powers of a sawed off shot gun used by

蔣中正;

or, if it's the latest of Chinese formula, namely 习近平新时代中国特色社会 思想, it is all, first and and most foremost, about 秦皇's formula: "秦皇天下".

I don't want to be the next 周老虎. I visit China often. I'll just leave this topic where it is.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-9 22:16:31 |Display all floors
China is steaming full speed ahead to field a fleet of at least three combat-ready carriers. After the 2012 commissioning of the training carrier Liaoning, the country quickly began construction of a second carrier, known only as 001A at this point. Launched in 2017, 001A is similar to Liaoning but makes a number of modest improvements.

Meanwhile a third carrier, 002, is currently fitting out at the Jiangnan Changxingdao Shipyards at Shanghai. 002 will be considerably larger than the previous two carriers though still only eighty percent the size of the Ford-class carriers. The ship will also ditch the use of a ski ramp to launch aircraft and instead use a Chinese version of the Ford’s EMALS system. The use of EMALS will allow the new Chinese carrier to launch and recover more types of aircraft with heavier weapons and fuel loads.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.