Author: tenderloin

US Nimitz class nuke powered carrier came out in 70s, China needs to catchup [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-26 01:27:22 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-25 21:35
I'll have to agree with you on this one. Aircraft carriers are giant targets moving no faster than ...

Yeah.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-26 01:32:20 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-25 21:35
I'll have to agree with you on this one. Aircraft carriers are giant targets moving no faster than ...

Sub air craft carriers are good. But China doesn't need them either really.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-26 11:51:39 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-2-25 09:32
Sub air craft carriers are good. But China doesn't need them either really.

Those sub orbital hypersonic missiles China is developing sound like just the ticket for quickly sinking US aircraft carriers.
China could produce dozens (or maybe hundreds) of these for the cost of one giant aircraft carrier.
Only one has to get through the aircraft carrier's defenses.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-26 15:52:23 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-26 11:51
Those sub orbital hypersonic missiles China is developing sound like just the ticket for quickly s ...

China needs a lot of cargo sub's too to move troops when they invade USA. China must build these underground in secret.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-26 19:49:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tenderloin at 2018-2-26 19:50
HailChina! Post time: 2018-2-23 15:57
Aircraft carriers are obsolete for Christ sake. China doesn't need any. US just has them for industr ...

What you proposed is nothing new.
Carriers versus Subs , which one is more important?
During cold war, Soviet chose subs, and neglected carriers.
Look at Russia today, it has no viable carriers to use.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-26 20:05:45 |Display all floors
tenderloin Post time: 2018-2-26 19:49
What you proposed is nothing new.
Carriers versus Subs , which one is more important?
During cold w ...

The Soviets were too cowardly to go to war with USA weren't they? I don't even know what you are saying. Aircraft carriers are obsolete - unless they are sub's.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-26 22:42:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-25 05:35

Sorry, Rob. This one I'll have to bow out. Yes, in an age DF-21D's, DF-17's, air, land and sea launch antiship systems, deadly MOAB style mines at sea what not, I agree that carrier is of no useful purpose if in an all out conflict as battle of midway but, if air power projection far from home is necessary, i.e., as in the case of the naval exercise conducted by the USN and its sidekicks off of the coast of DPRK, or if we need to go in and protect our shipping lanes from "International state sponsored piracy", to make the Indian Ocean a perimeter of our western defense, then carrier groups, or 21st century Zhanghe armadas I call it, 『if a force to be reckon with』, does stand out amongst the crowd and dies make plenty sense.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.