Views: 16880|Replies: 0

How much would an expensive Chinese painting from the 1980s be worth today? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-15 20:32:33 |Display all floors
My rich uncle acquired a painting in the 1980s after a big business deal. He was the inventor of liquid hand soap and he was traveling the world making deals on it. While he was in China he acquired an expensive painting. My grandma got it from him and gave it to my mom, who gave it to me. Now I'm looking for appraisers in US, Japan, and China to help me guess it's value. The value to me is $150,000 USD or 1 million RMB. If I sold it at this price I would want an agreenment to buy it back after 10 years for maybe 175,000 to 200,000.

On the topic of artwork
How is the Chinese economy for original artworks? What have some of the best paintings sold for?
Do any of you know any appraisers or auction houses in China that have some of the best artworks?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.