Author: silkcocoon

This expensive painting is either Chinese or Japanese [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-15 10:41:01 |Display all floors
silkcocoon Post time: 2018-2-15 02:20
I am trying to take it to several appraisers. I'm hoping someone on this forum knows a chinese art a ...

Are you for real or are you just pulling our legs?

I smell a fried rat here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 20:15:45 |Display all floors
No, I'm not pulling your legs. I'm trying to look up the artist who painted it by translating the stamp. This painting was actually bought by a rich man. It makes a very rich gift. This is the type of gift you give to a government person or factory manager or patent owner who is about to make your company hundreds of millions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-16 00:49:37 |Display all floors
Well one local appraiser spent about 5 minutes looking at it and told me it's only worth $500. After 10 minutes of searching I found out that he just looked at the cost of new silk screen paintings. I actually found some paintings that are selling for $100,000 or more. Most of them are from the early 19th and 20th century.

I'm working with a Ph.D Chinese student whose studying liberal arts. She helped me translate it, and I'm going to see if we can find the artist. It's not likely we will find an artist who was painting before the internet was popular. This painting could be older then the 1970s.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.