Views: 10542|Replies: 9

This expensive painting is either Chinese or Japanese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-13 22:53:08 |Display all floors
I inherited a painting from a Rich uncle. He was the inventor of liquid hand soaps. He got this painting back in the 1970s or 1980s and it was not cheap. I've been trying to get it appraised but have had very little luck. I believe this painting is worth at least $150,000 USD. It may be Chinese or Japanese. I believe it is an original work I have not seen any copies nor am I able to make out the stamps of who owns the rights to it. I'm sure the rights will be expensive and you  can't make a copy without the original.  

Do you know any auction houses that sell expensive art works that you could connect me to?
I will not part with this painting for less than 1 million RMB. The money will be used to start an international business.

picture

picture

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-13 22:58:43 |Display all floors
I am attached to this painting. I would possibly buy it back  if my business is successful.
Hopefully the rights to copy it are not cheaper then $90,000 USD when you possess the original.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-13 23:11:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by silkcocoon at 2018-2-14 11:19

thx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-14 21:55:09 |Display all floors
I wanted to pay someone to translate this painting, but everyone I contacted for a translation both Japanese and Chinese can not read it.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-14 23:16:43 |Display all floors
Why don't you just take it to an art appraiser?

Then you can wash your hands of it .. or use some of your rich uncle's liquid soap.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 02:20:19 |Display all floors
I am trying to take it to several appraisers. I'm hoping someone on this forum knows a chinese art appraisal company.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 05:49:04 |Display all floors
I just translated the poem. 共在人间说天上,不知天上忆人间 :: heaven and earth in the world, I do not know the world recalled the earth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.