Author: SEARU

How do you think about vocational education? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-10 14:24:00 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-2-10 03:25
With Americans you don't know what they are talking about because they allow vocational trained  peo ...

After senior middle school I entered the  Qvfu Teacher College one year later which was promoted as ‘university’! It iwas said the former had been controled  by the Provincial Education Department and the later would be directly led by the State-level one!

One university may own many colleges as child-company!

Needless to say our trade education has developed rapidly as the government has invested more on the cause!  In 1989, the headmaster asked me to buy one second-hand black-white TV from that city for experiment, who could not afford a new one for the kids! ----------Maybe to your surprise, five years ago the government offered the school dozens of digital lathes for the students studying mechanics! It was said one of the most advanced machines was worth 300000 RMB! ----------What a great change it is! Which is beyond my dream!

However, I don't think the wonderful material is enough for the success of our job! ---------There is much room for our software system including the textbooks and the teaching method and so on!
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 14:54:51 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-2-10 12:15
I partly agree with you! Please check my point of view through the  recent thread titled 《what is ...

Well I am not university uneducated - but yes it is assumed that university educated people are so very cleaver that they only need theory and will be clever enough to put this theory into practice on the job - an example - an ex gf of mine had a degree in literature and because of this degree she was able to do a short bridging course online from home to become qualified to teach in highschool's. The only practical part of the bridging course was a few weeks of prac at the end of the course - and then shebangabang - she is working teaching English and History. Now the small amount of time spent on things like behavior management this girl was required to do before becoming qualified - in theory, but more importantly in practice, explains why the girl is complaining to me about difficult and disruptive students that she had to teach. Her attitude was that these kids were a lost cause and her inability to teach them was the fault of their bad parents - not hers. There is an amount of truth there but the bad parents are not to blame for her lack of behavior management skills at the end of the day and more time spent on putting her behavior management skills into practice before she is given a qualification would make a great deal of sense.

Now contrast the small amount of time spent on practical skills for my ex gf before she is declared a teacher with my childcare diploma course at technical college/vocational training. Once a week my class would run a free playgroup to put our childcare theory into practice - on top of this we were required to complete three or four two week pracs over the two year courses. The emphasis on practical skills for vocational training courses makes sense because the jobs these people are training for with vocational training are all about putting skills into practice but the idea that university educated people only need theory and will be clever enough to put their skills into practice without much practice is wrong. I know university educated jobs require workers to work more with their brains than their hands but still. So as far as university education I agree with what you are saying.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 15:07:19 |Display all floors
I partly agree with you! Please check my point of view through the  recent thread titled 《what is ...

The fact is that the behavior management skills I picked up from vocational training in my diploma course - and the polishing of these skills on the job - made it the case that I would have been able to walk into a highschool and do a better job of teaching English or History to a class of highschool students than my stupid ex girlfriend. They taught me his to write group and activity plans at vocational training and I saw the crappy lesson plans my ex was writing. Doesn't take a genius to write a highschool lesson plan does it? Its just so hard for so many highschool teachers though apparently. This girl knew nothing about History by the way. And I would spring English related questions on her sometimes like asking her what a deus ex machina is,  and unless she was playing dumb she didn't know.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 15:15:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-2-10 15:16

I like the use of the deus ex machina device at the end of the film Adaptation. The alligator part is awesome. Wow em with the ending and you've got a hit hey. Not many people seem to like the movie Adaptation though do they? I don't think I have met a person that has seen it let alone like It. I'm pretty sure its my favourite Nicolas Cage film. Either that or that The Family Man one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-12 21:45:13 |Display all floors
Compared to the art teachers, I am  professional  one who must have strong real skill on technique besides deep theory! ----------So from the first day of my career, I have paid much attention to self-improvement on practice.
I have visited many factories and shops where I had nice communication with the masters on some special topic. ----------I noticed that some technicians really have ripe skill and wonderful understanding to book knowledge!
I had spent eight years on repairing job in spare time:radios, black-white TVs and then color ones, kinds of electric motors, etc.  My devotion to technique had positive influence on the pupils who have become experts on the post!

Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 15:02:48 |Display all floors
On the special moment ---------the eve of the Chinese lunar new year, let me say thanks for your reading as you see now about 5000 people could communicate with me that is such a miracle on the chinadaily platform! In the next year, I would like develop new topics for your enjoyment!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.