Author: pnp

Many Chinese Have Become Rich Before They Have Become Civilized   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-9 13:04:14 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-2-7 19:37
re:    but what more can they  do

True, the government is doing a lot...

Off topic!  Bitcoin belongs to another thread;  not here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:08:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-2-9 13:44
seneca Post time: 2018-2-8 08:55
Another of Mr Pee's cutting-edge anti-China rants...

Does he really believe the people he wants to ...

Isn't that what you like to see?  You have been ranting not just against the Chinese people but their Government too!  I meant well by highlighting a serious social problem so that the relevant authorities might take note and act against antisocial behavior.  I am always for constructive criticisms, unlike you, whose comments are aimed at destroying what the CPC has built up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:11:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-8 08:59
No one will read your gruff and obnoxious piece a second time. You will never convert a single per ...

If I could convert just 1% of the Chinese, this thread would have served its purpose!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:15:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-8 09:02
And why is it a government's job to teach citizens manners? Manners should be developed by the peo ...

And why not?  The citizens' ill manners can badly damage the nation's image! In fact the Govt did try, it put up daily cartoons on CCTV urging its citizens to behave in a civilized manner, but unfortunately, these have fallen on deaf ears!  It should instead apply the big stick, hit the culprits whre it hurts, with harsh penalties and heavy fines!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:16:39 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-2-9 13:04
Off topic!  Bitcoin belongs to another thread;  not here!

Not of topic at all...

Being rich but not civilized and trading in 'bitcoin' says it all.

Any civilized person would not even go near a bitcoin, aside the creators of it.

I don't need you to tell me what is and what is NOT of topic...
This forum got moderators to do so, keep your advise for yourself...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:28:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-8 14:52
OK, that I agree. But the government could do a better job instilling in their citizens a respect  ...

"Some Chinese are so inured to rudeness they don't even think it is wrong any more even when they are the "victims" of Chinese rudeness. It's a kind of "tolerance"; the question is: is it necessary to be tolerant of rude behaviour just because..."

You hit it on the head!  The Chinese are so used to rudeness and antisocial behavior, they actually think that's alright.  Besides, they were brought up to not mind other peoples' business, in Chinese, "buyao guan xian shi"  The problem with that attitude is that they don't differentiate between personal matters, which they should not mind, and antisocial behavior, which they must mind, as citizens!
Another explanation for the Chinese peoples' couldn't-care-less attitude towards antisocial behavior is that they themselves are guilty of such, and their guilty conscience tells them not to mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-9 13:30:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-8 15:01
Go read your first post and comb it through carefully! You will find many offensive generalisation ...

I have been very careful from the start to say, 'Many Chinese" not all Chinese because I know people like you would pick a quarrel with this OP which meant well!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.