Author: robert237

The US admits to starving power [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-8 11:51:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-7 16:21
Capitalism equates with freedom, COmmunism equates with under-yoking of the masses to the ruling c ...

Capitalism equates to freedom for the top 1%
The other 99% have to do all the work for slave wages.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 13:05:10 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2018-2-7 23:28
what the difference killing by hunger or USA sanctions, how many infants were killed by the USA in ...

Sanctions never helped, only made people hungry and starved them of badly needed medicine.

Openly calling for a military coup in Venezuela, is inciting genocide in this peaceful southern neighbor.
This means, for those who are listening, like the Capriles and Co., that they can count on US support, which, of course, they knew all along. But now its official, when the US Secretary of State openly calls for a military intervention – he calls for blood – he is provoking a blood bath.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-8 15:11:55 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-8 11:51
Capitalism equates to freedom for the top 1%
The other 99% have to do all the work for slave wages ...

Why are you so jealous of the best U.S. Americans? Didn't you have enough freedom as a young person? I think you did. You were free to choose to travel by bus, by car, by plane, by bike or on foot; you were free to choose the food you ate. You were even free to emigrate but you never did. You enjoyed a good life throughout your "productive" years and now as a retired oldie you are lambasting those who fed you throughout your life. Aren't you being ungrateful to the hand that led you until you bit it and left for Guilin?

GIVE A MERCIFUL THOUGHT TO THE HAPLESS 23 MILLION N KOREANS WHO ARE FORCIBLY HELD IN THEIR BENIGHTED COUNTRY, DENIED THE RIGHT TO GO TO GUILIN AND ENJOY GUILIN NOODLES FOR A CHANGE!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 15:22:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-2-7 23:23
seneca Post time: 2018-2-7 23:11
Why are you so jealous of the best U.S. Americans? Didn't you have enough freedom as a young per ...

I am free to choose how I travel in China and what foods I want to eat.

You have a twisted sense of what the best Americans are.

The common man (or woman) works their most of their life so the rich can become richer.
It is the rich who are the worst.

What billionaire ever worked 20,000 times longer or harder for each of those billions than the working man?
The obvious answer is none of them had. So that leaves them as parasites and nothing more.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 15:25:23 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-7 09:11
So you're a part of the seneca fawning entourage?

The link between creativity and free enterprise (capitalism) is not that the scientists and artists are necessarily greedy but that the people who finance them are looking for a profit (unless they are paid by the state).
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 15:35:45 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-7 23:25
The link between creativity and free enterprise (capitalism) is not that the scientists and artist ...

Being paid by the state is a far better alternative than being indebted to the elite financiers who
already have much more money than they deserve.
What billionaire ever worked 20,000 times longer or harder for each of those billions than the average American?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-8 15:42:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-8 15:22
I am free to choose how I travel in China and what foods I want to eat.

You have a twisted sense o ...

Robert, poor Robert, sorry if you belong to the 99%. I personally feel very comfortable among them. Why don't you? Ah, you want to be one of the 1%...

Do you think you would be much freer than you are now? I don't think so. Some of mybest friends are tycoons and billionaires. Good buddies. Always hospitable and charitable. How about you? Are you hospitable and charitable? My best billionaire buddies are hospitable and charitable and always have been - in many a case since their childhood.

And remember: The U.S.A. allowed you to choose to retire to China. How many Chinese used to be free to decide to retire to the U.S.A. until, say, the 1990s? Not many. They had to get special permission from the ruling few and often pay handsome amounts of money in "education costs".

You are so free now because you are a U.S. American, not a Chinese. In rainy Guilin you can go to a Starbucks. What can a Chinese blue-collar labourer-turned-retired emigrant do in Los Angeles? Can he afford to drink a latte at the local Starbucks?

You are so well off here you can even refuse to accept a generous offer of lasagne... How ungrateful you are, Robber! I admire those who make 20'000 times the hourly wage I used to make.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.