Views: 2703|Replies: 81

US lowers its homeless population [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-6 20:17:20 |Display all floors
This is the latest way the US is using to lower its homeless population.
---------------------
(CNN)The video is chilling. James Edgar Lewis is sleeping under a Las Vegas freeway when a dark-colored SUV passes by. Seconds later, a man wearing a dark top emerges from the vehicle and shoots Lewis twice in the head before fleeing.
There is no struggle, no fight. Lewis never even appears to wake up.
"It's basically an execution," said Lt. Dan McGrath of Las Vegas Metropolitan Police.

Lewis' death on Friday has Las Vegas police looking for clues that may link the fatal attack to the shooting of another homeless man 10 minutes away and four days earlier.
On January 29, Brian Clegg was shot and killed, also while sleeping, in front of a business on a busy street.
"There is a possibility that these two incidents are related," said LVMPD spokeswoman Laura Meltzer. "A homeless person was sleeping when the person shot them."
----------------------

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 01:14:40 |Display all floors
let's hope D. Trump somewhen will sleep under a bridge
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 11:40:59 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2018-2-6 09:14
let's hope D. Trump somewhen will sleep under a bridge

Maybe he will once his wife is through with him.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-7 20:42:35 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-7 11:40
Maybe he will once his wife is through with him.

China is more progressibve.

There are millions of homeless people and nobody shoots them, or very rarely.

The vast majority find refuge in McDonald's eateries. It's warm or cool as the season may warrant, the chairs are free for them to occupy them, and occasionally some patron leaves some food on their tray for the homeless to finish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 20:48:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-7 04:42
China is more progressibve.

There are millions of homeless people and nobody shoots them, or very ...

I know. I see expats such as yourself setting in McDonald's all the time.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-7 21:22:31 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-7 20:48
I know. I see expats such as yourself setting in McDonald's all the time.

Whenever I pass by a McDonald's it is full of Chinese. And among the Chinese you can be sure are some who have no fixed abode. They are the lucky ones - they have a few coins to spare to buy a COke. Others don't enter because they are stark naked.

But my claim is not based on imagination. The CD had a thread here a few years ago about a woman who died in a McDonald's. She had in fact been homeless and simply expired inside a McDonald's. I think this happened in Qingdao. Or maybe in Hong Kong - but in China anyway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 21:24:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-7 05:22
Whenever I pass by a McDonald's it is full of Chinese. And among the Chinese you can be sure are s ...

I'm beginning to doubt you live in China now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.