Views: 27070|Replies: 17

Pregnant runner photo sparks controversy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-5 09:16:34 |Display all floors
(China Plus) A photo of a woman seen running in the snow in the city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, has created a buzz on the internet.

An 8-month pregnant mother is photographed running in the snow in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. [Photo: Hangzhou Daily]

The woman, who is 8-months pregnant with her 2nd child, was photographed running with her enlarged stomach jutting out of her clothes.
Some on the internet think this is dangerous.
However, the woman has countered that her doctor says its fine. Her family is also fine with her running.
The woman is reportedly a Phys. Ed teacher at a middle school in Hangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-5 20:26:15 |Display all floors
I've read several article that state if:
1) she's not new to jogging
2) no complications with her pregnancy
3) and her doctor gives her the green light
then there's no problem with it.  It's good for the heart and the body.  It is considered safe exercise while pregnant as long as it's not intense.  It was also stated that women who jog may not gain as much extra weight and may experience shorter labor.  Some women have jogged up to the time delivery.  Women should drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration... common sense stuff.  Every woman and her pregnancy is different... definitely need to get the doctor's approval.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-5 21:27:56 |Display all floors

When my wife was pregnant, she refused to believe that pregnant women in the West do pregnant-women gymnastics to keep fit. I came to form the view that Chinese people consider pregnancy a condition analogous to a disease. The woman gets treated like a patient. There is an urgent need to update Chinese people's minds on modern medicine.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-5 21:51:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-5 05:27
When my wife was pregnant, she refused to believe that pregnant women in the West do pregnant-wome ...

Your wife was right.
I've spent almost all my life in the west and never once saw a pregnant woman doing gymnastics.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-5 23:19:05 |Display all floors
The way of doing would count a lot for the effection!
We learn language to use it as smart tool for the thinking labor work on our own business!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-5 23:38:19 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-2-5 23:19
The way of doing would count a lot for the effection!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-6 00:35:22 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2018-2-5 23:38

It is not allowed to make any mistake in the process before giving birth to the baby! So you had better take no risk! Or no medicine for regret!
We learn language to use it as smart tool for the thinking labor work on our own business!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.