Author: ceciliazhang

Why did Australia list China as an "extreme threat"?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-6 03:15:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-2-6 15:14
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-6 02:25
A gross exaggeration. There are capitalist oligarchs in China too. Despite the influence of oligar ...

You don’t seem to know how “democracy” works — money, machinery, media — the 3Ms that drive politics, politicians and political parties in the West. Try setting up a political party by yourself and then try running for elections as a politician, let’s see how far you’ll go without the 3Ms of “democracy”. Democracy sounds good in theory but in reality the only thing it does well is to allow all kinds of Oligarchic interests to compete for power using their money, machinery and media.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 03:48:01 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-2-5 14:15
You don’t seem to know how “democracy” works — money, machinery, media — the 3Ms that drive po ...

So, you'd prefer not to have the right to vote for your government? The imperfections of democracy are far better than straight-forward tyranny. I DO know how democracy works because I have been active in two political parties.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 04:46:24 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-7 03:48
So, you'd prefer not to have the right to vote for your government? The imperfections of democracy ...

I would prefer a government that is not under the control or influence of Capitalist Oligarchs. You can have as much “freedom” to vote for politicians but if they end up serving their Capitalist Overlords, what’s the point of “democratic” politics?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-7 07:03:55 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2018-2-7 04:46
I would prefer a government that is not under the control or influence of Capitalist Oligarchs. Yo ...

You wrongly claim that all democracies are oligarchies. who puts such a bias in your mind/ the ruling clique that runs the undemocratic China? Of course they have a strong interest in maintaining you and everyone else ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 16:01:52 |Display all floors
Simple : Australia doesn't have a mind of its own which is a certainty. So its analyses are pretty poor. Then obviously racial discrimination. If US is located in China, the verdict would have been different.

Which is why Australia's education isn't that good and many Asians are still over paying them Australians for education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-8 18:35:01 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-2-2 20:03
The present Australian Government are so busy kissing the devil's hindquarters and proving to their  ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.