Author: ceciliazhang

To study in the UK or the US? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-6 19:09:44 |Display all floors
It would be better to study in the US.
The UK is not as much of a threat to China.
The students can see what the US is up to.
Remember, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 03:51:30 |Display all floors
I would imagine one can get a good university education in China itself.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-7 06:16:26 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-7 03:51

A "good university education" in China is not a good university education by world standards. You don't learn how to think in China; that you can only learn in a new environment where uniform thoughts enforced with thought control are discouraged.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-7 06:16:30 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-2-7 03:51

A "good university education" in China is not a good university education by world standards. You don't learn how to think in China; that you can only learn in a new environment where uniform thoughts enforced with thought control are discouraged.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 16:25:20 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-2-6 19:09
It would be better to study in the US.
The UK is not as much of a threat to China.
The students can  ...

Not every parent who bear the cost for the study is seeing the question from the high point of view like you, who  are most probably a top official of government, but most probably without being officially entitled.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 16:36:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-6 14:16
A "good university education" in China is not a good university education by world standards. You  ...

""that you can only learn in a new environment where uniform thoughts enforced with thought control are discouraged""

Western schools have successfully indoctrinated you and your buddies with rigid and biased thoughts.
Your constant parroting of the same propaganda proves this. You have no ability for abstract reasoning.
That is discouraged in western schools and you will fail if you persist in thinking for yourself.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 16:40:51 |Display all floors
GreenNanning Post time: 2018-2-7 00:25
Not every parent who bear the cost for the study is seeing the question from the high point of vie ...

You are most probably just another western propagandist or a ghost of one who frequents this forum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.