Author: ceciliazhang

Why do some Western people want to live in China?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-2-5 20:46:58 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2018-2-5 04:05

The staples in China are very cheap and I've been cooking more of my own food.
Now that I'm retired I have plenty of time to do just that.
This winter has been very cold for southern China though. My wife and brother in law will attest to that.
There is no central heating in Guilin, it's too far south.
So we keep the bedroom and den warm with electric radiator heaters but the kitchen is like a walk in refrigerator.
Not much fun to do a lot of experimenting in. But the weather is bound to get warmer.
It can't happen soon enough for me though.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-6 13:41:51 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2018-2-5 17:36
Thank you. No one can change any country. I always try to emphasize that just because there are so ...

In China, scammers and thieves target anyone, regardless of nationality. Many Chinese have been cheated and targeted too. You are right that foreigners are considered "rich" so are usually targeted as well.
I also think we are all the same inside. There are good and bad people everywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2018-2-5 00:56

True but I also get paid well as a Certified Professor here 300 RMB per 50  minute class。 Same as I made in USA plus free home and  get my retirement pay also in China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.