Views: 2245|Replies: 2

What it feels like to swim in freezing water [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-29 15:09:47 |Display all floors
(People's Daily Online) “Jump!” shouted a “gramp” in his swim trunks to boost his own courage before diving into a a hole in a frozen lake. He’s one of the winter swimmers who come to Shichahai, Beijing, to enjoy swimming in the frozen lake every day during winter.

The air temperature was -5°C and the water temperature: 0°C.The swimmers are aged 40 to 80.
“When can I learn to swim like them?” An 11-year-old girl from the amazed crowd curiously asked her mom. “You won’t be able to stand the freezing cold.” Her mom replied.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-29 15:10:15 |Display all floors

“I feel good. My body doesn’t feel too cold,” said Mr. Wang, who has been swimming here in winter for over 20 years. “This way, I can exercise my body and keep healthy. More importantly, I can build my perseverance.”
They clearly had tons of fun as another winter swimmer started singing right after he got out of water. The crowd laughed and applauded.
Warning: Do NOT imitate if you are non-professional.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-19 09:17:55 |Display all floors
Penguins in Artartic don't outlive humans.
I don't think winter swimming could be of any help.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.