Author: ceciliazhang

What would a world without “made in China” look like?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-1-26 11:22:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-25 06:42
I have owned two flats one after the other in China. Both were brand-new when I bought them, and b ...

You can buy shoddy quality condos in any country in the world.
You get what you pay for.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-26 12:49:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-25 15:35
Only the goods made in China that were DESIGNED BY NON-CHINESE are worth considering. And of course, ...

If you were put through the same test as the Japanese went through, you would be naked, as most clothes are made in China;  your house practically empty!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-26 12:52:13 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-1-26 11:22
You can buy shoddy quality condos in any country in the world.
You get what you pay for.

You haven't b ought a "condo" in China, Robert, so what would YOU know???

The fact that 99% of all Chinese inhabit very shoddy housing units speaks for itself. If people can put up with this primitive level of housing then they lack quality awareness in all other areas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-26 12:52:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-25 22:42
I have owned two flats one after the other in China. Both were brand-new when I bought them, and b ...

Yeah you bought your houses on the cheap!  What do you expect?  You get what you pay for!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-26 13:05:31 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-1-26 12:49
If you were put through the same test as the Japanese went through, you would be naked, as most cl ...

Nonsense.

I would buy Indian-made shirts and trousers. Hong Kong is chock-a-block full with Indian tailors. Africa too is a good source for high-quality clothes and shoes Unfortunately, some commercial Chinese pirates have robbed many African enterpreneurs of their livelihoods by copying their designs and mass-producing them on machines in China. In W Africa many natives used to craft shoes by hand. Today thousands of them have lost their jobs. The hand-crafted shoes lasted years while the Chinese imports may last a few months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-26 13:08:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-1-26 12:52
Yeah you bought your houses on the cheap!  What do you expect?  You get what you pay for!

You are a certified phool! As a foreigner I was not free to buy "cheap" at all. I bought my first apartment in a gated community that at that time failed to find Mainland Chinese buyers, so they opened up to the international market. Their targeted buyers were Hongkongers and anyone from outside of the P.R.C. I was fairly happy with my flat there but I can certainly say that the quality in no way matched the quality of housing to which I was used by living in France, Israel, S Africa or Switzerland.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-1-26 13:24:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-25 21:08
You are a certified phool! As a foreigner I was not free to buy "cheap" at all. I bought my firs ...

Then move back to either France, Israel, S Africa or Switzerland and see what you can buy for the same money.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.