Views: 1118|Replies: 4

What considerations do you make before calling an emergency service? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-24 10:32:32 |Display all floors

An ambulance service received an inappropriate call from a woman concerned over how to store a cracked egg.

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 03.30.03.png

The East Midlands Ambulance Service have since released a video asking people to resist making irresponsible calls.

A dead fox and someone who asked ambulance staff to make them breakfast were among other reasons behind inappropriate 999 calls that were made in the last six months.

Simon Tomlinson, General Manager for the EAMS Emergency Operations Centres, reminded people to only dial 999 in the event of a serious emergency

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-24 10:33:54 |Display all floors
He said: “When you call 999 because someone is unconscious, not breathing, having chest pains or has the symptoms of a stroke, you are making the right call.

“Our emergency call handlers are trained to deliver life-saving instructions over the phone and we will get help to you as quickly as possible.

“Every 999 call is assessed so that the right help is provided to the right people as quickly as possible.

“You could receive the right treatment for you more quickly by contacting an alternative NHS service, such as your local pharmacy or NHS111, particularly if your call is not a serious emergency.

Last month the EMAS received almost 60,000 emergency calls, however only a small amount were deemed inappropriate

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-2 00:04:52 |Display all floors
When I was younger a friend and I used to make prank phone calls to emergency services from public phoneboxes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-2 05:15:56 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-2-2 00:04
When I was younger a friend and I used to make prank phone calls to emergency services from public p ...

to amigo es loco  tonto

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-2 06:42:46 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-2-2 05:15
to amigo es loco  tonto

I do not speak Mexican amigo.

To friend is crazy fool? We wouldn't send an ambulance somewhere or anything like that - we would just try to make the operator laugh. We used to call directory assistance mostly.

One time when I was a teenager and my family went on holidays and I stayed at home the cops and an ambulance came to my house though and they were all in a panic and they asked where my dad was and I told them on holidays and the cop asked me if I had been messing around with the phone and I told him no, and I hadn't been. You could tell he didn't believe me. He was my old footy coach from a year or two before that so he just left it at that and they went away. One of my friends must have called emergency services and sent them to my house. Its lucky I didn't get into trouble amigo.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.