Views: 2333|Replies: 4

Why 强 means ‘strong’? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-19 22:59:10 |Display all floors
强 is a commonly used character which shape is interesting!
Its first part looks like 'bow' that is as same as what the left of my avatar shows;
The upper component of the remaining is 口 which is ‘mouth’ and 虫 means ‘worm’. -----------In China, some people call  tiger as ‘big worm’ with which adults often frighten kids by shouting ‘The tiger is coming up!’  --------In my hometown, the locals name snake as ‘long worm’; -----Even for tinny worms those often swallow your grain so seriously that we have such saying: You could afford to feed up a big horse but could not do so with worms!-----------Then I wonder what you would feel if you fix the eyes on ‘虽’for seconds?
The picture of 强 shows a bow seems like the mouth of a tiger, snake or an ordinary worm! Powerful!

Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-4 16:16:20 |Display all floors
Wow your imagination is wonderful

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-4 23:27:28 |Display all floors
Lindsay2192 Post time: 2018-2-4 16:16
Wow your imagination is wonderful

Nice to see your comment before going to bed!
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 17:56:16 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-2-4 23:27
Nice to see your comment before going to bed!

my pleasure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-18 09:25:35 |Display all floors
The word 弱(weak)is opposite to strong(强)and the former also has something to do with bow(弓). How do you think of  what under the 弓? ------- That (the two strokes) should be the bottom of the arrow that is leather-like thing which could let the arrow fly straight without direction changing. The last part of the bow is relatively 'weak' compared with its sharp (even poisonous) metal-head.
!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.