Author: ceciliazhang

Is it time to close gender pay gap? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-9 11:00:48 |Display all floors
Applause

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-12 07:26:27 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-1-8 20:00
There is no gender pay gap unless the worker is wealthy and earns a salary rather than a wage. All w ...

Stats show a definite gender pay gap. Men who are not wealthy feel inferior to men who are. But, being afraid of powerful males, they take out their frustrations on weaker females. All men and all women should unite to defeat the rich people who make them suffer!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-12 08:46:04 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-1-9 09:00
There is no gender pay gap unless the worker is wealthy and earns a salary rather than a wage. All w ...

I agree.

In Western society it is uncommon for anyone to ask their colleagues how much they make. A man takes a job because he gets the job, not because he will make more than a woman could. If men tend to have higher salaries it must be because their productivity is higher than a woman's.

This productivity difference is being levelled down to some extent by feminist inventions such as paternity leave. If men can take paternity leave, so be it and then women can command the same salary level.

But in some occupations, a man simply outperforms a woman and in some a woman outperforms a man. these differences need to be taken into consideration.

In some European countries, new laws obligate employers to reveal average salaries for different jobs in their company and show who gets higher pay - men or women. I do not know if this represents "progress".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.