Views: 5390|Replies: 8

Living in the Philippines [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-5 20:38:46 |Display all floors
I’ve been living in Davao, Philippines since I married my Filipina.

It’s been a little over 2 years since I’ve moved. I’m still adjusting to the heat and culture.

I met my wife through one of the singles tour held by A Foreign Affair here in Davao.
It only took me a full week to fall in love with my wife and the country.

We got married after 7 months in California and we’ve decided to fly back and settle down here.

I love the country! The food is amazing and the people are very hospitable.

There are certain things about their culture that I still can’t fully understand and the weather can get significantly warm.

But living here has been nothing but a delight. I was able to open a restaurant and so far everything has been pretty affordable.

The amount I’m paying for all the bills and what I get to earn is definitely more than enough when starting a family.

Most of my family and friends were telling me how it’ll be hard to make a living if I move here but with what has happened so far, it might be that I just got lucky,

but the living expenses is reasonable enough and saving up is going smoothly.

So, if you have any question regarding moving to the Philippines, feel free to send me a private message or post a comment below!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-1-8 17:30:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-1-8 20:44

i like the philippino people. Most have tough lives but they never complain about it like some . They are generally happy, and make the most of everything they have. i have been to cebu, and would love to go back. How safe is zamboanga now for foreigners?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-8 23:17:44 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-9 04:30:11 |Display all floors
let's see and talk 3 years later
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-9 10:59:28 |Display all floors
What kind of income do I need to buy a Filipino wife like you have done? I know fruit pickers that have bought them. Filipino wives are the cheapest right?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-9 11:00:33 |Display all floors
Filipino wives are pretty affordable right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-9 11:01:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.