Views: 4606|Replies: 5

Preschoolers get parking spaces [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-4 16:56:24 |Display all floors
02b5d72a-7ac7-4a99-8f5b-ed6ab7679631 (1).jpeg

Pictured are numbered parking spaces outside the school. Photo: Pear Video

For those familiar with the chaotic clumpings of shared bikes parked on China's streets, this will make sense.

A kindergarten in Southwest China's Chongqing is teaching students to keep things tidy with kid-sized parking spaces for their bikes and scooters, Pear Video reported Wednesday.

The school decided on the mini-parking lot to curb kindergarteners from leaving their bikes and other rides outside the school in disarray.

"Teachers said it was getting out of hand and disorderly," one student's mother told Pear Video.

Photos showed numbered parking spaces painted in yellow outside the school.

Each mini space is occupied by either a little bike with training wheels or a cute plastic scooter.

"The kids are proud of them, they think they're great," said the parent.

Parents said they love the concept not only because it teaches children to respect public spaces, but also because the lot is first come, first serve.  

"Another parent complained their kid would never get out of bed in the morning. But now that he has to compete for a parking space, he gets up early every day," said the parent.

Netizens pulled in to drop off some comments. "Don't drink milk and drive," said Sina Weibo user "heshudezahuopu." (From Global Times)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-5 09:34:27 |Display all floors
It 's so cute.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 19:43:46 |Display all floors
Have you guys in China ever heard of a bike rack? Why not one of those?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 19:49:00 |Display all floors
You can actually chain your bike to a bike rack. Are these scooters and bikes behind a fence but at the front of the preschool? It seems very odd to me that so many preschoolers are riding scooters and bikes to school. The parents walk with them? All those parents live within walking distance? You Chinese call a preschool a kindergarten like Europeans right? So this is not a school but a preschool or what you call kindergarten? Yeah I don't believe the story. All these families live within walking distance of preschool and are walking with kid each day while they ride a scooter or bike with training wheels? What?

Do the children bring their own scooters to preschool and ride them on a bike track that is there or something? And when they go inside they park them in parking spaces? That would make a lot more sense.

Who wrote this story? I seriously do not believe it.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 19:51:38 |Display all floors
" Outside the school in disarray? Kindergarten children leave their tiny scooters and little bikes with training wheels "Outside the school in disarray". Outside the school? Won't someone steal them? What? This story is nonsense.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-31 16:36:18 |Display all floors
I still think this story is a bit odd. It makes no sense to me that so many preschoolers would ride a scooter or bike to preschool or that parents would walk with them. I don't understand.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.