Author: ceciliazhang

Iran turmoil offers lesson for non-Western nations [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-5 22:07:31 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-1-5 16:45
Please "Define" your "Western Media"....

For example the CHINA DAILY is   n o t   a Western media outlet. I think you have noticed that already...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-5 22:09:26 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-1-5 16:46
Anybody who differs with your "opinions" is deranged - I realized this long time ago.

What?

Please point me to another person's name whom I accused of being "deranged". I think I have used the word "deranged" the first time in our forum in many years in that post about Mr Zuess... Do you share his beliefs?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-6 13:26:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-5 22:09
What?

Please point me to another person's name whom I accused of being "deranged". I think I have ...

You did call him "deranged". Any specific reason for this ?
I do not "share" all "his views". However, there are issues where he makes "sense".

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-6 13:28:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-5 22:07
For example the CHINA DAILY is   n o t   a Western media outlet. I think you have noticed that alr ...

I said " Western Media" - Your definition. I do know CHINA DAILY is NOT a "WESTERN MEDIA".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-6 15:38:40 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-1-6 13:26
You did call him "deranged". Any specific reason for this ?
I do not "share" all "his views". Ho ...

As hinted before, I only know about him thanks to you as you pushed me to seek info on him on the Internet. I saw a brief intro to a blog he wrote about Wikipedia. He claims it is an organisation owned by the F.B.I. and the C.I.A. He reminds me of our dear ornithologist Petera.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-6 15:43:06 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-1-6 13:28
I said " Western Media" - Your definition. I do know CHINA DAILY is NOT a "WESTERN MEDIA".

Even a S Asian publication like The Dawn is almost like a Western media outlet as it has a far more vivid way of reporting, not staid and ossified as the Chinese propaganda organs. For example The Dawn reports the U.S. American criticisms of the Pakistani government in detail. The staid and ossified Chinese propaganda media never do. They only voice their masters' beliefs. That is what I regard as "Western" even when the media outlet itself is based in a non-Western country. Think of the Japanese media, for example. Chinese media are more like African media: they flatter the ruler ad absurdum and take offence when someone sees the dust motes on the eye glasses of their leaders. Too much ruler worship, if you want to know my view.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-6 17:46:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-6 15:43
Even a S Asian publication like The Dawn is almost like a Western media outlet as it has a far m ...

I have some good friends there.
So DAWN's reporting of Iranian "unrest" will be a credible story ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.