Views: 7825|Replies: 8

Is it hard to make Chinese friends in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-31 10:12:01 |Display all floors
This is an interesting question from Quora. How many friends have you made in China? Would you like to answer this question from your own experience?
2.jpg

Hello.
I moved to China a few months ago to study. I already had the opportunity to meet some Chinese people, but we never really had longer interactions or stronger relations. Most new friends I got here are foreigners like myself, from the same uni.

I noticed it really hard to get Chinese people to know better. The are very reserved, extremely busy (which I understand) . They keep to their own, closed circles and hardly have any initiative to hang out with foreigners.

I didn't realize it would be so hard to make some Chinese friends, while I'm living here, in China. Especially that I speak pretty good Mandarin and I'm able to communicate with them without many problems.

I tried University's associations and clubs, but they are usually reserved for Chinese students, not foreigners. Also, there are no events (in my Uni) for Chinese students and abroad students to hang out.

How do you make Chinese friends? I would really like to have good Chinese friends, not only to practice Mandarin, but also, to discover their culture (especially modern culture, which I want to research). I'm considering some apps, but what comes to my mind are dating apps like Tinder or Tantan.

Can someone share some advice, or recommendations? I'm here until summer and I would be really disappointed if I left China without making strong friendships with local people...

I live in Guangzhou.
Blckclaw:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-31 10:24:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-31 13:42:25 |Display all floors

Many Chinese youngsters are eager to learn English, so no difficulty at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-31 20:26:34 |Display all floors
if a Chinese person wants something from you, like free English lessons, then they will 'be your friend'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-1 17:34:41 |Display all floors
来,come on 成为我的朋友吧  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-1 17:41:40 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2017-12-31 20:26
if a Chinese person wants something from you, like free English lessons, then they will 'be your fri ...

随便下个软件都很多免费课,你不了解中国

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-1 21:06:08 |Display all floors
you want to laid a girl before you leave?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.