Views: 2742|Replies: 4

What is 鬼斧神工? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-31 07:59:37 |Display all floors
Nature is powerful and magic who could invent unbelievable scenery with ghost-like axe through fairy-means!------------That is the meaning of Chinese idiom 鬼斧神工(ghost-axe-magic-manufacture)!
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-31 11:55:20 |Display all floors
This post comes from my comment to
《The Wonders Of US National Parks》by   Author: ceciliazhang
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-3 18:49:52 |Display all floors
It means the technique of building architecture or statue is very high just like it is built not by human but by Gods.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-3 23:04:40 |Display all floors
Lindsay2192 Post time: 2018-2-3 18:49
It means the technique of building architecture or statue is very high just like it is built not by  ...

Yes, you are right!  Sometime the Chinese word ‘Ghost’ or ‘god' is used  to praise someone.  Such as ‘You are little ghost!" -----That means ’You are so smart that your doing is beyond adults' expection!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.