Author: ceciliazhang

What Mandatory School Uniforms Look Like in 15 Different Countries [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 03:31:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-4 10:29
School uniforms are a British idea. You see uniforms in schools all over the countries that were o ...

What does that have to do with them looking better? The main point s so poor kids don't stand out for their shabby clothing and they would in barbarian lands like Germany and USA. Chinese are not barbarians.

Have you seen picture of Japanese uniforms on wiki? It is no wonder they have a problem in Japan isn't? And uniforms suppress sexuality? Ha.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 03:35:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-4 10:31
Uniforms smacks of conformism, and conformism shows lack of individuality, personality and origi ...

I just told you - poor children look shabby in their shabby clothing but if everyone has the same uniform poor kids won't stand out for the wrong reasons. Der. Someone told me this when I was a little kid. And ha. You watch too many Simpsons episodes.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-5 05:24:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-5 12:37:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-1-5 05:24
I have never had the urge to say the children in school uniform look better than those in ordinary ...

Its not for the school or the parents its for poor children you idiot. It makes poor kids feel bad if they are dressed poorly while most other children are dressed well. With a uniform the idea is for all of the children to feel equal. Another thing is that many treat the poor badly so if teachers know that a kid is poor from their clothing this will change the way the teacher treats the poor kid.

And yeah the state needs to do a better job of making sure low socioeconomic parents spend their money to cover basic needs first. Second hand faded uniforms should be illegal. What poor parents do in Australia is spend their back to school welfare bonus on beer or drugs and don't buy uniforms for their kids with it - instead they go to an op-shop and get a faded secondhand one and then charities make ads about it begging for money for them.  It wouldn't be difficult for state to make sure poor parents cover children's basic needs first. And yeah P&Vs that are always full of middle-class scum at public schools are forever changing uniforms and choosing uniforms that are expensive for poor people to buy and I can't help but to think this is the point. Is it really that $%$%ing hard for Australia to make sure no kid stands out for the wrong reasons at school? I don't think so. We don't need the $%$%ing Smith Family!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-1-6 00:16:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2018-1-6 00:18
seneca Post time: 2018-1-4 10:29
School uniforms are a British idea. You see uniforms in schools all over the countries that were o ...

Not true regarding countries outside of the Commonwealth.  For example,

China
Japan
Thailand
Cambodia
Indonesia
Mexico
Colombia
Taiwan
Chile (most schools)
USA (approx. 20% in 2013 and increasing)

With the exception of the USA none of the countries listed were British Colonies, many were Spanish or French however.  Bill Clinton recommended the introduction of school uniforms for a variety of reasons including curbing gang violence.  Of Note, Japan's middle school uniform (girls) is based on the Royal Navy (UK) uniform from around 1920 or a bit earlier. The South Korean school uniforms are based on the Japanese.

Those countries account for around 2 billion people, which is hardly a small number (I excluded the USA).
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-6 07:17:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-6 07:19:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.