Views: 2148|Replies: 5

Should you ride elephants in Thailand? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-27 11:12:19 |Display all floors
After the horrible incident that a Chinese tour guide has been trampled to death by an enraged elephant in Thailand, people have come to realize the shocking treatment that many elephants have to endure in order to be ‘fit' into the tourist industry. While the elephant stopped walking, its mahout tried to get it to move, first by pulling on its chain and then pricking its head with an ankus. The elephant responded by charging towards the tourists, He Yongjie, 35, tried to pull away a tourist who was being attacked by an elephant but was kicked away and trampled to death. Given all these elephants are abused, beaten and starved, would you ride elephants?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-28 16:00:55 |Display all floors
Sad day it is to realize that the Thai people are nicer than the Chinese, I mean, it's good for Thailand, but sad for China.....You keep talking about the death of the Chinese tourist and you blame the Thai elephant's owner...but you don't talk about the Chinese tourist that pulled on the elephant's tail that aroused its anger, that lead to the eventual death of one of their own. ...You don't talk about how the Thai owner is cooperative and willing to pay compensation, he didn't even get angry at that Chinese tourist, while the Chinese tourist that pulled the elephant's tail is getting off scotch-free...just wow....

No matter how badly the animals are treated in Thailand, ...I've seen dogs get kicked, but such mistreatment of animals are rare...Thai people are not cruel. It's nothing like your dog meat festival or whatever it is called. ...They don't torture animals for kicks, like what you do....If you want to talk about mistreatment of animals, you people can take the trophy.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed in you, ceciliazhang. I guess you're not like what I imagined at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-28 16:01:59 |Display all floors
*  death of the Chinese guide

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-28 16:09:06 |Display all floors
Don't be jealous that the little country of Thailand may be a better country than Big China. So sad, isn't it? In the Thai language, the country of China from the old days, is called  "China the Great Land"...too bad you can't live up to the reputation of Ancient China. Chinese people used to be admired. Today, no one wants to be called Chinese anymore. You still think you are better than the Chinese people of old? You people are a joke.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-29 05:19:50 |Display all floors
Well thses unfortunate elephants are certainly treated in a bad manner is obvious.  It is sad that a person has been trampled to death.  The Thai government should investigate the treatment of the Elephants and avoid this type of  situation in the future

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-29 21:17:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Yin_99 at 2017-12-29 21:26

You are simply blaming the elephant or the industry for the sad accident?  Are you that simple-minded & ignorant?  How would you blame the tigger-biting accident accident happened in BJ earlier this year?  Blaming the tiger, the zoo or the zoo industry?  Don't be silly

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.