Author: ceciliazhang

Can physical bookstore survive in the digital age? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-2 17:37:33 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-12-27 16:26
Reading a book is much better than reading from e-reader.

1) There is no need to worry about batter ...

Wrong. Holding a book is uncomfortable and it is annoying having to turn the pages after you get used to scrolling. I read mostly on a computer screen so I don't have to hold anything. Tablets/kindle are stupid because you have to hold them or put them on a stand or something which is never convenient. But yeah physical books suck because you have to hold them and you have to turn the pages.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-2 17:48:42 |Display all floors
In Australia corporations Dymocks and Angus & Robertson put most book stores out of business and now department stores and ereaders and online buying are putting them out of business.

So I do not think the reason bookstores are disappearing is all about ereaders. The fact is that most people do not read many books and this is nothing new. People didn't read any more in the 80s and 90s than they do now.  To blame the disappearance of bookstores on ereaders is actually a nonsense but the Silicon Valley freaks that are forever telling us that they are going to change the way we live our lives are happy for technology to be pushed as an explanation. Most don't read so the world doesn't need a lot of bookstores. Plus online shopping. Plus corporations caused centralization by putting so many small bookstores out of business.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-2 17:49:22 |Display all floors
See someone should pay me. I know everything. You are all idiots compared to me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.