Author: ceciliazhang

Is Harvard changing its attitude against Asian-Americans? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-27 12:27:46 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-12-27 12:13
Damn right.

So why don't Asian countries set up globally leading universities that set new benchmarks? Why do laggard nations all have to depend on the West for better education? I ask for nothing less than you Asians set up your own facilities and teach them the courses that your economies need.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-27 12:38:09 |Display all floors
cwdy Post time: 2017-12-27 07:32
I knew that, I just meant if Harvard is not American national,but open to the world.

Why is Harvard so popular? It's not because it is a U.S. American university; it is because it is one of the BEST universities in the U.S.A. What right does the world have to gatecrash that university? The U.S.A. has no duty to teach foreigners. They do, but that is for political as well as commercial reasons. Europeans for example hardly care about the U.S. Ivy League universities because Europe has a universally good tertiary education system that affords a lot of equality to a lot of European students. In Europe, university education in general is tuition-free - but then again, you have to be a European and have passed relevant exams.

When is Asia, including China, going to serve its own peoples' needs? You can't go on getting a free ride at others' expense. Universities cost money that the taxpayers have to provide; China is using its tax revenues for other purposes than for education, so you get in the mess Asia is in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-27 12:45:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-27 12:38
Why is Harvard so popular? It's not because it is a U.S. American university; it is because it i ...

I have to admit you didn't bullshit this time, but instead of perpetuating endless China-bashing, can you side with Chinese people to find a bright path for mankind?
Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-27 13:06:56 |Display all floors
I knew that, I just meant if Harvard is not American national,but open to the world.

Why do foreigners demand that Harvard be open to them? What duty does the U.S.A. have towards Asians? Why should Asians study at Harvard rather than back home???

Every country should set up its own higher education institutions and not depend on others. Chinese students don't easily fit into a Western university. In the West, a student must have a flexible mind and not be a naive data collector.

Universities are set up with tax payer money; tax payers want their money to be productively used. The universities play a vital role in a nation's economy. No country can educate foreigners whose government does not invest money in higher education. It's not fair. China has far too long saved its resources and forced elitist parents to spend big on their own children's tertiary education. Why do Chinese parents waste their money this way? Money does not buy a good education. You must be innately gifted for and interested in it. China had better set up advanced universities of its own that can address the shortcomings that go with Chinese middle and high school education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-27 13:07:15 |Display all floors

Why do foreigners demand that Harvard be open to them? What duty does the U.S.A. have towards Asians? Why should Asians study at Harvard rather than back home???

Every country should set up its own higher education institutions and not depend on others. Chinese students don't easily fit into a Western university. In the West, a student must have a flexible mind and not be a naive data collector.

Universities are set up with tax payer money; tax payers want their money to be productively used. The universities play a vital role in a nation's economy. No country can educate foreigners whose government does not invest money in higher education. It's not fair. China has far too long saved its resources and forced elitist parents to spend big on their own children's tertiary education. Why do Chinese parents waste their money this way? Money does not buy a good education. You must be innately gifted for and interested in it. China had better set up advanced universities of its own that can address the shortcomings that go with Chinese middle and high school education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-27 13:08:45 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-12-27 12:17
We know you didn't study anywhere.

I know you never went to school yourself. You sent Roby your personal Robot to attend classes. Now he is typing your silly posts here. Can you feed yourself without Roby's help?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-27 13:10:15 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-12-27 11:31
This is not the way to go.

In the long run, China's universities will be reserved for the brighte ...

China has a bloody long way to go before its universities compare favourably with Western ones. I wish they could speed things up because they sure are backward and backwardness in thinking keeps China backward.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.