Author: ceciliazhang

Why Are Manufacturing Costs so Much Higher in India Than China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-15 16:43:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-15 15:31
interesting. There might be some truths there. What if India suddenly manages to supply electric p ...

I have to disagree. India seems unlikely to catch up with China in the decades to come. In addition to the above factors, no Indian company dominates globally. At least for me, I've never known any Indian product that is worldwide famous. Despite its growth slowdown, China has not yet reached its full potential, if it were to switch to a free market economy, with limited State enterprises, the possibilities would be numerous. Also, around 50% of her population, still live in the countryside. China has much more room to grow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-15 17:14:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-16 10:05:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-16 10:07:27 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-16 10:54:44 |Display all floors
India can't compete with China on economic front, thanks to their dysfunctional democracy.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-17 03:39:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-15 02:31
interesting. There might be some truths there. What if India suddenly manages to supply electric p ...

It'll be a long time before India gets as efficient as China.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-17 21:59:39 |Display all floors
India can compete with China or any nation any time if their leadership change their mind set.  PM Modi need to give some dynamic India state like Gujerat a free hand to run the state economy such as inviting Dutch advisor and briinging in foreign capital freely.

India also should devalue their rupees to be much lower than China, and peg to Euros and Yen.

Once India have very cheap currency, India labor will be cheaper than China and you will see many US and Japan and EU MNCs move to India.

It is time India do something to be the biggest apparel and clothing manufacturer in the world.  India has a very big clothing consumer market, surely they can leverage the internal  massive demand to cut cost.

There are some branded clothing made in India are of good quality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.