Author: ceciliazhang

What countries will you never visit again?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-12-16 00:46:52 |Display all floors
Tuvalu - Horrific facilities and accommodation plus nothing to do or see rate this as one of the worst and most boring places I've been to.  North Korea was more interesting despite the propaganda and constant barrage of laughable rubbish espoused to tourists as well as the restrictions placed on visitors to North Korea.

Other candidates include Chechnya, Colombia and Honduras, none of which rate highly in my list of countries to re-visit due to crime, kidnapping, murder and lawlessness in general.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-16 10:28:55 |Display all floors

I never say "will never visit" again but I do have some black listed countries that I recommend not to visit a second time:

- Thailand. For obvious reasons. (Plus I have read two books about how they treat
   people, especially foreign suspects, in their penitentiary institutions).
- Afghanistan (for obvious reasons)
- Pakistan
- Congo (Demortic Republic): Security (even when i visited while it was still being run by
   then President Mobutu I had to rely on a U.N. staffer to drive me from the Zambian border to Lubumbashi to be safe from predatory soldiers).

Although I have fond memories of people from the Philippines and Indonesia, I was negatively overwhelmed in their countries by poverty and crime which made my trips there highly unsafe.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-18 16:46:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-19 00:21:05 |Display all floors
Morocco

they kept my passport 'til I involved embassy via company i was employed at
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-19 17:16:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-16 10:28
I never say "will never visit" again but I do have some black listed countries that I recommend no ...

China is not on your list???  How shocking, given that you only have bad things to say about  everything in relation to the country and civilization.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-12-19 18:26:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-16 10:28
I never say "will never visit" again but I do have some black listed countries that I recommend no ...

Interesting List.
Thailand - "foreign suspects" - only those who consider themselves as such. Is that the advice ?
Afghanistan - ( for obvious reasons ) - And what are those ? It is not that bad there. I was there as recent as this September.
Pakistan - ? Again, it is not that bad at all. I frequently travel there and have had no problems at all.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-19 21:00:20 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2017-12-19 17:16
China is not on your list???  How shocking, given that you only have bad things to say about  ever ...

Oh dee:r, Ms Always Wrong is in her element again - making mistaken allegations about yours truly... May I suggest you read more Seneca and less Cosmopolitan, - you might have a pleasant surprise once in a while.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.