Author: ceciliazhang

Is preparing for study abroad another Chinese gaokao? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-19 06:16:11 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-12-13 22:27
That's the big IF.

If you do NOT want to apply to any of those, the world is open to you. You can ...

I would say preparation classes for Chinese who want to study abroad are a necessity no matter where the candiates will study or what course or in which country.

The sad truth is that nobody in China gets prepared for life in the way that is needed for thenm to act autonomously, to assume their own responsibility and to succeed in the West. They are like sheep meekly taking orders - that is the Chinese concept of being a learner. But that is ill-suited to a person wanting to study in the West

For this reason I suggest preparatory classes should be run not by Chiense outfits but by Westerners (with a number of measures taken to prevent such training classes from derailing for "political" reasons). .

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-19 06:18:43 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-12-14 12:11
Not necessarily. For example in my home country (Finland), universities offer all English progra ...

I think mbursan did not mean that Chinese mut be proficient in the national language of the host country but the language used as medium of instruction. That is always a big challenge since Chinese are slow language learners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-19 11:20:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-19 06:16
I would say preparation classes for Chinese who want to study abroad are a necessity no matter whe ...

Yes, preparation classes are of course necessary for most, but that is not a competitive area and does not normally not affect your chances in enrolling to a (non top) foreign university - just to succeed in there.

I was just referring to the competition in getting to universities. If you broaden your horizon outside the Ivy League or whatever, there isn't that much competition and it gets cheaper too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.